Unmatched in mobility and delivering excellent performance, zero turn mowers are a favorite among pros and people who want a quick, easy and comfortable lawn mowing experience – especially when dealing with larger lawns or rougher terrain. Even though they’re usually quite expensive – as we’ve seen on our best zero turn mowers list – there are a few models on the market that manage to offer quality at a budget price and that’s exactly what we’re going to be taking a look at today – the best zero turn mowers under 3000 bucks.
Striking a great balance between quality and price, they give you all the essential features of a zero turn mower at a discount, ensuring you get a whole lot of value out of them and redefining what a sub $3000 zero turn mower can do. Let’s take a look at the winners and find the perfect one for you!
Best Zero Turn Mowers Under 3000 Comparison
These are the best zero turn mowers under 3000, thoroughly compared for you.
|Zero Turn Mower||Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower||Ariens IKON-X 52" Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki||Craftsman Z560 24 HP B&S 54-Inch Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mower||Husqvarna Z242F 42 in. 18 HP Kawasaki Zero Turn Riding Mower||Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit Riding Lawn Mower 34-Inch Deck 452cc||Snapper 2691317 360z Mower Zero Turn Riding Red||Ariens Zoom 34 - 19hp Kohler V-Twin 34" Zero Turn Lawn Mower|
|Engine Power||26 HP||23 HP||24 HP||18 HP||452cc||23 HP||19 HP|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||2 Years||3 Years|
Best Zero Turn Mowers Under 3000 Reviewed
Here you can read our in-depth reviews of the best zero turn mowers under 3000 bucks, ensuring you get the right one.
Equipped with a 26 HP engine that provides the power you need to cut grass on rough terrains and a 45-inch wide cutting deck, the Husqvarna Z254 offers a superior mowing experience. The ergonomically-designed controls of the lawn mower allow you to handle it very easily. The cutting deck of the Husqvarna Z254 is made from stamped steel that makes it very strong and durable.
The Husqvarna Z254 has several other features that are extremely useful such as LED lights, spring-assisted deck lift, big cooling fan, chrome-plated valves and more, all of which coupled with the excellent performance definitely make the Husqvarna Z254 a great buy for the money and easily the best zero turn mower under 3000 dollars.
- 26 HP Kohler engine
- 54-inch wide cutting deck
- Reinforced steel stamped cutting deck
- Spring-assisted deck lifting
- Air induction mowing technology
- Park brake system
- Its powerful engine delivers a lot of torque
- The lawn mower is quite compact
- Delivers efficient performance
- Suitable for heavy-duty usage
- Easy to use
- The bagger attachment and mulching kit needs to be bought separately
Looking for a reliable lawn mower delivering good, reliable performance? Then undoubtedly, the Ariens 915223 IKON-X is among the best zero turn mowers under 3000 that’s worth the money. The lawn mower is equipped with a 23 HP engine and a 25-inch cutting deck that delivers the power you require to mow your lawn efficiently and quickly. The cutting deck is made from 10-gauge steel which offers excellent durability and makes the mower long lasting. The mower has an ergonomic, comfortable seat that allows you to work for long hours without feeling tired.
- 23 HP 726 cc Kawasaki V-Twin engine
- 52-inch cutting deck
- 10-gauge tubular steel frame
- 4-point dual arm deck hanging system
- Padded high-back seat with armrests and padded control levers
- 3-year warranty
- Not for sale in California
- The lawn mower is very easy to use
- Very comfortable to ride and will cut your lawn perfectly
- The steel frame body is quite durable
- Quite noisy
Craftsman Z560 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Platinum 54-Inch Gas Powered Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mower with ReadyStart
The Craftsman Z560 is undoubtedly one of the best zero turn mowers under 3000, especially if you’ve been a fan of the great Craftsman brand for years. Featuring a 54-inch cutting deck and powered by a robust 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Platinum engine, it offers a fantastic combination of width and power for the price that makes it a truly attractive choice.
With the ReadyStart system ensuring the machine always starts on the first try without priming or choking, turning the Z560 on and getting to work is a breeze. Coupled with all of this you also have a nicely built frame, straightforward controls, a comfortable high-back seat and detailed handles, all coming together to offer you not only a durable machine but also an enjoyable riding experience – all at a great price.
- 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Platinum engine
- 54-Inch mowing deck
- Mows in reverse
- Deck wash tech
- ReadyStart system
- 11-inch front and 20-Inch rear wheels
- High-back cushioned seat
- Great balance of deck width and engine power
- Craftsman-only Deck Wash is incredibly useful
- ReadyStart System makes it easy to start the mower
- Great set of wheels can transverse rough terrain
- Cutting height adjustment is easy to use
- Has trouble going up steep hills if not in reverse
The Husqvarna Z242F is the little brother of the excellent Z254 shown previously. It features a smaller 42-Inch cutting deck and a less powerful 18 HP Kawasaki engine but it still delivers great performance for the price, the brand’s trademark quality control and it’s available at a reduced price in comparison to the other model.
It’s size, peppy engine and great handling makes it a very nimble machine while the top-notch mowing deck delivers excellent results in both flat or hilly terrain. It also has high-quality features such as hydrostatic transmission, add-on compatibility and heavy-duty construction while also offering a comfortable, enjoyable riding experience. The Z242F’s great set of qualities for the price deserves a spot on our best zero turn mowers under $3000 list.
- 42-Inch cutting deck
- 18 HP Kawasaki engine
- Hydrostatic transmission
- Adjustable cutting height
- Max speed of 6.5 MPH
- Highly reliable engine
- Great balance between power and size/weight
- Awesome set of features for the price
- Comfortable and enjoyable to use
- Outstanding cutting deck performance
- Excellent value for the price
- Requires some assembly
It’s impressively well built, features all the niceties you’d expect from a top quality machine like a hydrostatic transmission, comfortable high-back seat, padded handles, heavy-duty frame with great detailing and a fantastic set of mowing blades and rugged wheels that are powered by a peppy 452cc engine. It’s easy to see why this model’s a popular choice – especially at this price!
- 452cc engine
- EZT hydrostatic transmission
- 34-inch side discharge cutting deck
- Mow-in-reverse capability
- High-back seat with dual suspension springs
- Super nimble and easy to maneuver
- Comfortable seat and leg room
- Fits easily through standard 36-inch gates
- Durable, nicely sized wheels for the frame
- Not suited for more heavy-duty tasks
- Can’t truly perform a zero-radius turn
Snapper’s 360z is a great machine all around without any significant flaws, achieving a great balance between quality and price that makes it worth a spot on our list of the best zero turn mowers under 3000 bucks. Let’s take a look at its features!
Starting with the 42″ cutting deck and rugged wheels that are powered by the 23 HP Briggs & Stratton professional series engine, the 360z offers you an impressively wide cut and an impressively powerful engine all in one at a great price. The engine comes with the super useful ReadyStart system that allows you to skip priming and choking while the comfortable seat, solid set of wheels and padded handles ensure an enjoyable ride. To top it all off, you also get a foot-operated height adjustment, a fully-welded steel frame and nice detailing all around the machine.
- 42-Inch deck
- 23 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- ReadyStart system
- 13 height-of-cut positions from 1.5 to 4.5 inches
- Fully-welded steel frame
- Impressive deck width and engine power for the price
- Gets delivered to your front door fully assembled
- ReadyStart system is always useful
- Foot-operated cutting height adjustment
- Great set of add-on attachments available
- Engine can have a few reliability issues if not properly maintained
The Ariens Zoom is powered by a 19 HP engine that delivers excellent performance. The compact size of the lawn mower, combined with its 34-inch cutting deck makes it suitable for commercial and residential use. Although the lawn mower is compact in build, it can handle rough and large yards effortlessly.
The foot-operated deck lift lets you adjust the cutting height. The best thing about the Ariens Zoom lawn mower is its price, which is very affordable compared to some of the lawn mower models on this list, which is excellent news, especially if you are on a tight budget. All in all, the Ariens Zoom is a great value buy for people with a limited budget who want to buy a zero turn lawn mower.
- Kohler 6000 Series engine
- 19 HP 660 cc power
- 34-inch cutting width
- 12-gauge stamped steel frame
- Foot pedals and gear shifter
- 4-point professional deck and hanging system
- EZT integrated transmission system
- The compact lawn mower is ideal for small-sized lawns
- Inexpensive and extremely affordable price
- The 19 HP engine of the mower delivers good cutting performance
- Not very effective on slopes
- The deck may feel a bit flimsy at the bottom
As these choices prove, you don’t have to break the bank in order to get a great machine and a perfect looking lawn. With fantastic quality for the price, they blow the budget competition out of the water and are easily the best zero turn mowers under 3000 bucks you can get.
Thanks as always for reading and have yourself a great day!