If you’ve got a small yard but still want the unbeatable comfort, speed and ease that a riding lawn mower offers, then you’ve come to the right place! Today we’ll be taking a look at the best riding lawn mowers for small yards on the market – all of which have been thoroughly tested and evaluated to ensure they excel even in smaller lawns.
Even though we’ve already taken a look at the best riding lawn mowers in general, this time we’ll focus solely on those that excel on smaller yards. With great mobility, nimble handling and versatile designs, they’re perfect to mow smaller lawns and deliver all the quality and comfort you’d expect from a riding lawn mower, as well as the fantastic performance and results. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the winners and find the perfect one for you.
Best Riding Lawn Mowers for Small Yards Comparison
These are the best riding lawn mowers for small yards on the market, thoroughly compared for you.
|Lawn Mower||Ariens IKON-X 52" Zero Turn Mower FR691 Series||Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit Riding Lawn Mower 34" Deck 452cc Engine||Ryobi 38" Electric Riding Lawn Mower RY48110||Snapper Classic RER 28" 11.5 HP 344cc Riding Mower||Ariens Zoom 34 19hp 34" Zero Turn Lawn Mower||Troy-Bilt 382cc 30" Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower|
|Power||23 HP||452cc||48V||11.5 HP||19 HP||382cc|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years||2 Years||3 Years||3 Years|
Best Riding Lawn Mower for Small Yard Reviews
Here you can read in-depth reviews of the best riding lawn mowers for small yards. Let’s begin and find the right machine for you.
The Ariens 915223 IKON-X lawn mower is an affordably priced option that is excellent for small yard mowing. Featuring a powerful 23 HP 726 cc Kawasaki V-Twin engine and a 52-inch cutting deck, the riding lawn mower is sure to get your job done quickly and efficiently. The 4-point dual arm deck hanging system of the lawn mower allows you to choose a cutting height that’s suitable for you. And, the high-backed padded seat with the armrests and padded control levers make the Ariens 915223 IKON-X extremely comfortable.
- 23 HP 726 cc Kawasaki V-Twin engine
- 52-inch deck
- 4-point dual arm deck hanging system
- 10-gauge tubular steel frame
- Padded high-backed seat and armrests
- 3-year warranty
- The lawn mower is very easy to use
- The mower will cut your lawn perfectly
- Very comfortable to ride
- Incredible bang for the buck
- Fantastic quality and performance
- Powerful and highly durable 726cc Kawasaki engine
- Not fuel efficient
- Does not have a collection bag
The Troy-Bilt Mustang is a classic choice for those that need a simple, reliable and effective riding lawn mower for a small yard. It’s well built, delivers great performance for its price and its 34-inch deck strikes the perfect balance between wide and nimble. It’s also very attractively priced for the quality you get, making it a fantastic choice.
- 452cc engine with EZT hydrostatic transmission
- 34-inch side discharge cutting deck
- Padded high-back seat with dual suspension springs
- High rear wheels to tackle rough terrain
- 1.2 Gallon fuel capacity
- Top speed forward is 7 MPH and reverse is 2.5 MPH
- Very comfortable ride with ample leg room
- Effective cutting performance
- Great power for the size
- Solid construction quality
- 2 Year warranty
- Fairly expensive for its category
If your home has a small yard and you don’t really want the hassles of dealing and maintaining a gas engine, then the Ryobi RY48110 may be an excellent option for you. This electric riding lawn mower falls between a small-sized riding lawn mower with a 30” deck and a standard full-sized tractor. The lawn mower is ideal for yards up to 2 acres and it works quite well on steep hilly areas. Overall, the Ryobi RY48110 is an excellent “green” powerhouse offering smart and convenient features.
- Battery operated
- 38-inch deck
- Twin 19-inch blades
- 3 brushless motors
- 12-position manual deck adjustment
- LED headlights
- Cruise Control
- USB phone charger
- 75 Ah batteries
- 2 hours runtime or 2 acres
- 3-year limited warranty
- Fully electric, battery-operated riding lawn mower that does not produce any fumes or emissions
- Quiet operation
- Low maintenance — no spark plugs, belts or filters
- LED gauge for battery levels is easy to read
- Good for steep hills
- LED headlights are not very effective
The Snapper 2911525BVE is a rear-engine riding lawn mower which is considered as an icon in lawn mowers, thanks to its easy-to-use design and excellent features. Ideal for lawns of all sizes, the riding lawn mower has controls that are easy to operate and a 5-speed disc drive system that is extremely convenient. The vertical stand-on-edge capability makes the Snapper 2911525BVE easy to maintain and it also occupies very little room when stored.
- Rear engine rider
- 11.5 HP Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle OHV engine
- Vertical stand-on-edge capability
- 5-speed disc drive system
- Very durable
- Blades can be changed very easily
- Excellent cutting capability
- The engine may be a little loud
- Slow turning
The Ariens Zoom 34 is a compact size zero-turn lawn mower that is ideal for residential use. Equipped with a 6000 series 19 HP engine, the lawn mower delivers excellent performance. Despite being small and compact in size, the riding lawn mower can tackle rough terrain if required. The Ariens Zoom 34 is quite sturdy. And, the best part about the zero-turn riding lawn mower is that in terms of the price, it is extremely affordable, making it an excellent buy if you’re on a tight budget.
- Kohlera 6000 Series engine
- 19 HP 660 cc engine power
- 34-inch cutting width
- 12-gauge stamped steel frame
- Foot pedals and gear shifter
- EZT integrated transmission system
- 4-point professional deck and hanging system
- The 19 HP engine of the mower delivers good performance
- The small and compact size makes it ideal for small-sized lawns
- Extremely affordable price
- Ideal for up to 3 acres
- May not be very effective on slopes
- The deck may feel a bit flimsy at the bottom
The Troy-Bilt 382 cc riding lawn mower is equipped with a 30-inch cutting deck. It has a combination of the advantages of a regular lawn mower along with a walk-behind lawn mower’s size. The mower is equipped with a 382 cc OHV engine that delivers good performance. The 5-height adjustable blade enables easy and quick blade engagement. The Troy-Bilt 382 cc features a comfortable seat that reaches the mid-back and it has a soft grip wheel. The lawn mower can be easily stored in your shed or garage and is the best riding lawn mower for small yard mowing. Compact, small and affordable, the Troy-Bilt 382 cc is suitable for homeowners having limited acreage.
- 30-inch cutting deck
- 382 cc OHV engine
- 1.3-gallon fuel tank
- 5 adjustable settings
- 6-speed transmission
- 18-inch turning radius
- 13-inch soft grip wheel
- Forward speed 4.24 mph
- Manual power take-off
- Fuel sight window
- 2-year limited warranty
- Compact size and space-saving design
- Fuel sight window allows you to check the gas levels
- Good maneuverability
- Not suitable for steep slopes or large-sized lawns
- May take some time to get accustomed to the controls and the clutch
As these awesome units show, you can still easily enjoy the wonders of a riding lawn mower even in smaller yards. Their versatility and top-notch quality make them the best riding lawn mowers for small yards and guarantee a gorgeous looking lawn while their attractive prices ensure they’re the kings among the competition.
Thanks as always for reading and have yourself a fantastic day!