As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Craftsman has been producing quality tools since 1927 and initially, was selling these to farmers. They introduced the riding lawnmower in 1953, which were sold for $360 apiece then, and 2 years later in 1955, their rotary lawnmower sales reached the ½ million mark. They are one of the few companies that went green with cordless riding and electric rotary mowers and they’re considered to be, in our opinion, one of the best lawn mower brands of all time. Let us take a look at the reasons why as well as some of the top lawnmowers made by Craftsman in this article.
Here are some features that set the Craftsman brand apart from other lawnmower manufacturers:
- Really competitive pricing
- A reliable, iconic brand with an illustrious 90-year history
- In 2018, they announced that they will start building many of their tools in the United States
- Craftsman has been once scored the highest on trust and brand expectations
- Popular Mechanics readers have named Craftsman as their favorite brand in the hand tools section
- In 1994, Craftsman had the distinction of selling over a million lawn mowers in a single season, making it an industry first
- The company has won several awards for innovation in home and lawn maintenance categories
- Craftsman has been known the world over for their high-performance tools and great quality
- Customers have loved the fact that Craftsman keeps up with the times and keeps introducing great features in their products at a steady pace
- Waves of customers have praised the build quality of Craftsman lawn mowers and have said that some products have been in the running for more than a decade
Best Craftsman Lawn Mower Reviews
Let’s take a look at our personal picks for the best Craftsman lawn mower reviews and find the right one for you.
The M115 is a gas-powered lawnmower made by Craftsman and gives you all the power and flexibility that you get from this type of equipment with a push-behind mechanism. It has 7-inch front wheels and 11-inch rear wheels that are designed to give the user maneuverability, and I was pleased with the stable feeling I got from running it over the tall grass.
This particular model is designed for those with medium-sized lawns and it delivers beautifully with the 140cc Briggs and Stratton 550E engine. The deck is 21 inches, which is suitable for a lawnmower this size and makes admirable clean, consistent cuts in the grass.
- 140cc Briggs and Stratton engine that has both prime and recoil
- A 21-inch deck that cuts a clean, wide swathe through the lawn
- A dual lever that lets the user adjust the height to 6 different settings
- 7-inch and 11-inch front and rear wheels that move easily through solid or loose mud
- Backed by a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- No need to purchase bagger separately; comes with a large enough bagger to secure clippings
- Very lightweight design; can be used by anyone
- Cuts through the toughest grass with finesse
- Customers have complained that the product has a sub-par build quality
- Some received a damaged or defective unit and had to get it exchanged
Craftsman M275 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower, with Bagger, Red
In this article where I’m covering Craftsman lawn mower reviews, the next product on this list is the M275 which is a self-propelled model, which means you can push it around your yard with the least effort. It is powered by a 159cc OHV gas engine that like other models is equipped with mulching and side and rear discharge capabilities. I would recommend this for those with small-to-medium yards. The trimmings can be adjusted between 6 different heights and like the previous model, it features sturdy wheels for better stability.
Setting up this unit is easy and takes about 15 minutes. I was delighted with how responsive the single-lever squeezebox was, making me feel like the unit was doing all the work by itself!
- Very powerful 159cc OHV gas engine that pushes the lawnmower forward effortlessly
- Starts the engine with a button; battery and charger included with the unit
- 21-inch cutting deck capable of rear and side discharge and mulching
- High rear wheels and front-drive for effortless pushing
- Assembly takes just about 15 minutes
- Comes with a dual option to start with a button or pulling a cord
- Works smoothly on all types of terrains
- Easy to clean after a day’s work, thanks to the included deck wash
- The electric-start mechanism did not work for some, at times, and they had to resort to pulling the cord
- The unit arrived with parts missing and no manual for some customers
Craftsman M410 190cc Briggs & Stratton 875 Professional Series 28-Inch 2-in-1 Self-Propelled RWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower
If I’m doing Craftsman lawn mower reviews, there’s no way I can pass the M410. It comes equipped with a 190cc Briggs & Stratton 875 Professional series engine. It has a large 28-inch cutting deck with side discharge and mulch capabilities and offers rear-wheel drive; I could easily take it over the small hill on my property. One of the most exciting things about using this unit is the Craftsman My Stride technology, which will match how fast you walk behind your mower, making the mowing experience effortless.
I have tested the unit in small and medium yards and it seems to do the job in just a few passes. For those who have concerns about a flimsy construction, let me clarify that the manufacturers claim that the unit has been crafted in the United States with industry-standard practices in place.
- 190cc Briggs & Stratton 875 Professional series engine delivers great power
- 28-inch wide cutting deck with dual capabilities
- The rear-wheel-drive covers all kinds of terrain easily
- 6-position height adjustment with a single lever
- Can be pushed uphill easily
- Works more efficiently than other products in the same category
- Made in the United States
- Ergonomic and foldable; will save a lot of storage space in your garage
- This particular model does not come with a bagging option which is a common feature in most such lawn mowers
- Some customers may not like the lack of cushioning on the handle
They also have a catalog of great riding lawn mowers, like the Craftsman T225, which made it onto our “best-of” list that you can read by clicking here.
Craftsman has been a known brand for generations and continues to be so. It has been called “America’s most trusted brand” and backs most of its products with lifetime and limited warranties. Last year, Craftsman introduced 1,200 new products that included hundreds of tools in several categories. This, combined with their great pricing make Craftsman products a great choice.