If you want a walk behind mower that can take on large residential areas or expansive commercial fields with ease while delivering perfect results then look no further – commercial walk-behind mowers are the solution. Even though we’ve already listed the best walk behind mowers in general, in this article we’ll focus solely on commercial ones that are up to the task. Built like a tank, beastly powerful and giving you truly professional performance, the best commercial walk behind mowers turn a large and difficult task into a quick and easy one, all while leaving behind a beautiful looking result.
Out of all the commercial walk-behind mowers on the market, the ones we’re going to be taking a look at in this article are the very best. From large cutting decks and fierce power to cutting-edge features and a body that’ll last a lifetime of use, they blow the competition out of the water and are ready to take on any lawn – no matter how large or how rough it is. Let’s take a look at these machines and find the perfect one for you!
Best Commercial Walk Behind Mowers Comparison
These are the best commercial walk behind mowers, thoroughly compared for you.
|Lawn Mower||Swisher Predator Walk Behind Rough Cut Mower, 24-Inch||Troy-Bilt WC33 420cc 33-inch Wide Cut RWD Lawn Mower||Honda HRX 217K4HZA 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow Mower||Snapper HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck||Yard Force Lithium-Ion 22” Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Mower||Troy-Bilt TB490 XP 21-Inch 1 90cc 2-in-1 4x4 Self-Propelled Mower|
|Power Source||Gas||Gas||Gas||Gas||Electric (Battery-Powered)||Gas|
|Capabilities||Rough Cut||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Rear Discharge and Shred||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge|
|Warranty||2 Years||3 Years||5 Years||2 Years||5 Years||3 Years|
Best Commercial Walk Behind Mowers Reviews
Here you can read our in-depth best commercial walk behind mowers reviews, ensuring you know exactly what each one has to offer.
First on this list of the best commercial walk behind lawn mowers is the 24-inch Swisher WBRC11524, a heavyweight mower that can handle the toughest jobs. Although it is a heavyweight machine, the lawn mower is self-propelled and you don’t have to put in a lot of effort pushing it. The mower is equipped with an 11.5HP engine that can deliver the power needed to tackle thick and long grass or rough brush. The mower features an adjustable handle with user-friendly controls and the wheels allow you to maneuver the machine over rocky or uneven terrain very easily.
- 24-inch walk-behind self-propelled mower
- 11.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- Cutting Height Range: 1¾-inch
- 4-speed transmission
- Adjustable handles with hand controls
- Very powerful mower
- Offers good cutting height range
- Reverse feature and 4-speed transmission make the mower ideal for large yards
- Not very efficient in hilly areas
Equipped with the powerful 420cc OHV engine, the Troy-Bilt WC33 lawn mower delivers the power needed to mow large lawns. The mower features a rear-wheel drive system and variable throttle control which allows you to tackle the grass effortlessly. The 33-inch wide twin-blade deck can be adjusted to 8 settings with a single lever. The walk-behind mower features a 2-gallon clear view gas tank that lets you check the fuel level. The 16-inch pneumatic wheels of the machine are durable and the zero-turn maneuverability ensures that you can move the lawn mower very easily.
- 420cc OHV engine
- 33-inch twin-blade cutting deck
- Easy electric start
- 4 rear-wheel drive forward speeds
- Zero-turn maneuverability
- 2-in-1 capability – mulching and side discharge
- 3-year limited warranty
- Easy to use
- Does not require assembly
- Zero turn capability makes maneuvering of the mower very easy
- Super-wide cutting path
- Not very efficient on slopes
- You may find it difficult to keep the mower running straight
Honda 662340 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow System Walk Behind Mower w/Clip Director, MicroCut Twin Blades, Roto-Stop (BSS) & Self Charging Electric Start
Equipped with a Honda GCV engine, the Honda HRX217K4HZA is a powerful mower which cuts grass and mulches very well. The lawn mower runs very smoothly allowing you to tackle your mowing very quickly. The mower features an electric start, auto choke and a rechargeable battery. The MicroCut twin-blade system ensures that your grass is cut and mulched perfectly. The cutting deck of the lawn mower is made of sturdy Nexite material, which is resistant to rusting, denting and corrosion. The 3-position folding handle of the mower lets you store the machine conveniently after use.
- Honda GCV engine
- Rechargeable Cyclone battery
- Nexite deck
- Hydrostatic transmission with cruise control
- Electric start and auto choke
- MicroCut twin blade system
- Roto-Stop blade brake
- 3-position folding handle
- Easy electric start.
- High-quality mower
- Very durable lawn mower
- The mower is quite heavy
Snapper P2185020E / 7800982 HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Rear Wheel Drive Variable Speed Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck, ReadyStart System and Height Adjustment
The Snapper P2185020E/7800982 featuring a Briggs & Stratton OHV engine is a simple, yet durable lawn mower that delivers good performance with quiet operation. The gas-powered lawn mower is easy to start using the easy-pull cord. The mower is equipped with a 21-inch cutting deck and 7 cutting height options. The HI VAC deck cuts the grass and sucks the clippings up and does not leave a mess around. The 3-in-1 mower offers bagging, discharging or mulching of the grass clippings. Overall, the Snapper P2185020E/7800982 is a very versatile and convenient mower.
- Briggs & Stratton 850 Professional Series engine
- ReadyStart system
- Rolled deck edge
- 7 cutting height adjustments (from 1.25 to 4 inches)
- 10” rear wheels
- Rear-wheel drive
- HI VAC deck
- 3-in-1 capability – bagging, side discharging, or mulching
- Easy to start
- Versatile lawn mower
- Rear-wheel drive improves traction and makes the mower easily maneuverable
- Needs a lot of assembly
Yard Force Lithium-Ion 22” Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Mower with Torque-Sense Control – 2 Batteries & Fast Charger included
The Yard Force 120vRX delivers great performance and an impressive amount of power for an electrical unit which coupled with a smart design and a ruggedly built body makes it capable of being used in a commercial setting.
The potent 120V brushless motor is powered by two 2.5 Ah batteries that run for around 100 minutes without stopping and only take 30 minutes to recharge if you use the fast charger (included, as well as the two batteries). With a wide 22″ cutting deck to boot, it can take care of fairly extensive lawns with ease. It also has 3-in-1 capabilities to adapt to your preferred mowing style and it comes with a great 5 year warranty. Even though it can’t compare to the raw power and performance of a classic gas unit, it blows the electrical competition out of the water and can be considered to be one of the best commercial walk behind mowers on the market for its category.
- 120vRX brushless motor
- 22-inch wide steel deck
- Variable speed
- Two 2.5 Ah batteries
- 100 minutes of runtime on a single charge
- 30-minute recharge time for 1 battery
- 7-position adjustable deck
- 3-in-1 capability to bag, mulch or discharge
- 5 year warranty
- Powerful dual-port battery connection
- Gets recharged very quickly
- Fantastic torque and power for an electric unit
- A 4 AMP fast charger comes included
- Can be easily stored in an upright manner
- Impressively solid construction quality
- Great customer service
- Not as dependable, long-lasting and heavy-duty as the classic gas powered mowers
Featuring the 190 cc Honda GCV engine, the Troy-Bilt TB490 delivers a powerful performance and the automatic choke prevents the engine from getting flooded. The 21-inch cutting deck lets you cut grass in heights between 1.25 to 3.75 inches and the 3-in-1 capability allows you to bag, mulch or side discharge the grass clippings. The 11” rear wheels and the 8” front wheels make the lawn mower suitable for all kinds of terrain. Overall, the Troy-Bilt TB490 is a reliable machine that delivers strong and long-lasting performance.
- 190cc Honda GCV engine
- 21-inch cutting deck
- ACS (Automatic Choke System)
- Variable self-propelled 4-wheel drive
- Dual-lever deck height adjustment
- TriAction cutting system along with integrated deck wash
- 3-position ERGO handle
- 11-inch rear and 8-inch front wheels
- 3-year limited warranty
- Durable tires suitable for all types of terrain
- The easy-grip handle is very comfortable
- Reliable and powerful engine
- May not be suitable for narrow spaces
These are great commercial walk behind mowers that for one reason or the other just didn’t quite make the cut on the top list. They’re still really good choices and deserve consideration.
Equipped with a 56V lithium-ion battery, the EGO Power+ is a great rechargeable walk-behind lawn mower. The mower’s weather-resistant build makes it very durable and long lasting. The EGO Power+ has a 20-inch cutting deck which offers good cutting performance and the 3-in-1 capability of the mower lets you bag, mulch or side discharge the grass clippings. When compared to a gas mower, the EGO Power+ is 30% quieter and it has a compact design which enables you to clean the machine and store it very easily. All the features make the EGO Power+ the best commercial walk-behind mowers on this review.
- 56V lithium-ion mower
- 20-inch deck
- Cutting Time: 45 minutes
- Quick Charge Time: 30 minutes
- LED lights
- 30% quieter in operation
- Weather-resistant construction
- Comes with 4.0 Ah battery and charger
- Compact design for upright storage
- Delivers powerful performance
- Compact and lightweight lawn mower
- Quiet operation
- No hassles of cords
The Poulan Pro PR625Y22RHP is a versatile walk-behind lawn mower. The design of the lawn mower makes it highly maneuverable and the 12-inch rear wheels of the mower let you climb mounds easily and let you move the machine effortlessly. The 4 HP Briggs & Stratton engine delivers high performance needed for cutting.
The 9-position adjustable cutting height allows you to choose between 1.25 and 3.5 inches and the 1.9-bushel collection bag allows you to work for longer without emptying it out often. The pull starter makes it very easy to start the machine. The mower has an adjustable handlebar which can be adjusted to 3 positions.
- 150cc Briggs & Stratton auto-choke engine
- 21-inch cutting deck
- 3-in1 capability – side discharging, bagging and mulching
- 4 quick height adjusters, 9 cutting height positions
- 12” rear wheels and 8” front wheels
- The auto-choke ensures quick and easy starting of the lawn mower
- Easy and quick assembly
- Versatile cutting heights and speed range
- The mulching function is not very good
- Wheels must be adjusted separately
The DeWalt DCMW290H1 is an ergonomic and durable mower that makes your lawn mowing very easy. The lightweight machine has a great battery-powered system that features DeWalt’s universal 40V battery model. The mower is equipped with a brushless motor which offers more torque and less wear as well as ensuring the mower is very quiet when in operation. The 3-in-1 capability of the mower lets you to mulch, bag or side discharge the grass clippings. It’s also affordable for the overall quality it delivers.
- Brushless motor
- 20-inch cutting deck
- Durable metal deck
- Powerful, universal 40V battery
- Extra-quiet operation
- 3-in-1 design lets you side discharge, mulch and bag the clippings
- Works very quietly
- Easy push-button starting
- The compact design allows for easy vertical storage
- The runtime of the lawn mower is quite short
The Greenworks PRO GLM801602 electric walk-behind lawn mower is eco-friendly and efficient. The mower is powered by an 80V lithium-ion battery, which offers excellent performance minus the maintenance and cost of a gas-powered lawn mower. Featuring a 21-inch cutting deck, 7 height adjustment, one-touch starting, zero emissions and 16x less noise compared to a gas mower, the Greenworks PRO GLM801602 offers all you need to get your job done.
- 21-inch cutting deck
- 80V lithium-ion battery
- Runtime: 60 minutes
- Rapid Charge: 30 minutes
- Cutting Height: 13/8 inches to 3.25 inches
- Brushless motor
- Smart Cut Load sensing technology
- 3-in-1 capability – side and rear discharge and mulching
- Powerful motor
- Quick battery recharge time
- Easy to maneuver
If you’re looking for an efficient front-wheel drive lawn mower, then the Husqvarna HU550FH is a good option which not only tackles flat lawns but also hilly terrains easily. The mower is equipped with a 140cc engine and is very easy to start. The self-propelling ensures that the mower moves effortlessly and the 12-inch rear wheel and 8-inch front wheels enable it to be maneuvered effortlessly over varied terrain. The 3-in-1 capability lets you bag, mulch or side discharge the clippings.
- 140cc Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle OHV engine
- 22-inch cutting deck
- 3-in-1 function – mulching, side discharge or bagging
- 12” rear wheels, 8” front wheels with ball bearings
- Deck washout port
- 3-position adjustable handle
- The deck washout port makes it easy to clean the mower
- The large-sized wheels make it easy to maneuver the mower on varied terrains
- Quite heavy
Unavailable at the moment
Offering unbeatable performance and capable of taking on extra-large fields quickly and easily, these machines are the best commercial walk behind mowers for a reason. On top of all the qualities they’re also attractively priced, making them unmissable if you want professional results.
Thanks as always for reading and have yourself a fantastic day!