As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Environmentally-friendly and easy to use, cheap electric lawn mowers are a great way to have a quiet, effective and affordable mowing experience. Due to their rising popularity there are many choices on the market but only a few are truly top-notch – and that’s exactly what we’ll be taking a look at today.
Even though we’ve already listed our own personal picks for the best electric lawn mowers of all time – in our opinion – in this article we’re going to be focusing solely on the more affordable choices.
Whether you prefer the classic corded solution or the modern battery-powered cord-free ones, we’ve got you covered with a selection of the best cheap electric lawn mowers you can get. With rugged construction quality, stunning performance and cutting-edge features, they redefine what we’ve come to expect from affordable units – let’s take a look!
Cheap Electric Lawn Mowers Reviews
Here you’ll find our best electric lawn mower reviews. They’ll not only give you a thorough look at all the winners but also ensure that you know exactly what each one has to offer, making it easy for you to choose the perfect one.
Snapper XD 82V MAX Electric Cordless 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawnmower Kit with (2) 2.0 Batteries & (1) Rapid Charger, 1687914, SXD21SPWM82K
Snapper’s electric lawnmowers are popular for their innovative and well-researched designs that always manage to deliver great power and performance. This particular model can easily give gas-powered machines a run for the money with its powerful Briggs & Stratton 82-volt lithium-ion battery and 21-inch cutting deck that makes it a mean, “green”, mowing machine capable of taking on larger lawns. This is a self-propelled mower so it glides over the yard easily without needing your manual pushing effort and its versatile 3-in-1 capabilities ensure it perfectly adapts to the task – be it bagging, mulching or discharging. All of this coupled with a great price makes the Snapper XD82V MAX one of the best affordable electric lawn mowers on the market.
- 82-volt Briggs & Stratton lithium-ion battery
- Can mulch, bag or side discharge
- 7-position height-of-cut adjustments
- 21-inch steel cutting deck
- Clean, even trims
- Great power and performance
- Hardly any maintenance required
- Capable of mowing on slopes and rough terrain
- Ergonomic design and easy storage
- A few customers have found the assembly difficult
Greenworks 21-Inch 40V Brushless Self-Propelled Mower 6AH Battery and Charger Included, M-210-SP
This self-propelled brushless lawnmower by Greeworks is one of my favorites for performing quick tasks in small to medium yards and its easy maneuverability coupled with an impressively potent performance are the reasons behind it. As far as cheap electric lawn mowers go, this is a good-looking piece of equipment that is rich in features and performs admirably, giving you a nicely well-rounded experience.
- 6 Ah 40-volt battery
- Dual battery ports for storing an extra battery
- 21-inch deck size
- Can rear bag, mulch or side discharge
- The battery has integrated USB port
- Self-propelled for better traction control
- Absolutely no emissions
- The battery is compatible with over 50 Greenworks products
- The battery doesn’t last as long as some of its competitors
- It has a delicate construction
Sun Joe iON16LM 40-Volt 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower, Kit (w/4.0-Ah Battery + Quick Charger)
This small, agile machine by Sun Joe is a class apart when it comes to compact lawn mowers and adjusts the power accordingly when it encounters thicker grass – a great feature. This is a fairly basic model that does not have a lot of features that other advanced machines offer but it still has a fairly rugged construction, solid cutting performance and a few details like cutting height adjustment that make it worth the price of admission.
- 6-position height adjustment system
- Energy Star certified
- 600-watt Brushless motor for extended battery life
- Starts easily with a push-button start
- Rugged, all-terrain wheels
- EcoSharp technology for better performance
- Large, detachable 9.25-gallon bag
- Backed by a full 2-year warranty
- Some customers feel that the battery runs out very quickly
- Other customers complain of a long assembly time
WORX WG779 2x20V (4.0AH) Cordless 14″ Lawn Mower with Mulching Capabilities and Intellicut, Dual Charger, 2 Batteries
The WG775 has a lot going for it when you compare it with other machines at the same price point. The model has a 24-volt battery that lets you cut your lawn cordlessly and efficiently plus it also features the 3-in-1 option (bag, mulch, discharge) that is now common with most lawn mowers. It’s compact, lightweight and has smaller 14″ cutting deck, making it ideal for small yards. Simple and small yet effective and well built.
- 0.85-bushel capacity bag
- Removable battery so it can be charged at your convenience
- Battery-level indicator
- 14-inch deck
- Comes with a solid 3-year warranty
- Compact and lightweight
- Runs up to 30 minutes on a full charge
- Runs very quietly
- Some customers may not like the all-plastic construction
- Other customers have said that the deck is too narrow
Greenworks 21-Inch 13 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower MO13B00
This corded lawn mower by Greenworks features a 21-inch cutting deck powered by an efficient 13 AMP motor, offering you solid cutting capacity for its price. I am thankful for the large rear wheels on this machine because they make it easy to push it over rough terrain and even though the unit needs assembly, it’s quick and easy to put together. This mower is a great choice if you have an average-sized yard and light cutting jobs.
- Efficient 13-amp electric motor
- 21-inch durable steel cutting deck
- 3-in-1 capabilities
- 7-point height adjustment
- Very easy to assemble
- Starts easily
- Works perfectly in average and small yards
- Very quiet and well built
- Some customers may not like that the mower needs an extension cord (bought separately)
- This mower cannot take on heavy-duty jobs
GreenWorks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25022
A highly popular cheap electric lawn mower, this model by Greenworks features a 20-inch cutting deck that can take care of both medium and small backyards, while the decent 12 AMP motor gives it enough power to deal with lighter cutting tasks. It’s lightweight, easy to use, a breeze to maintain and offers an overall solid and silent experience.
- Equipped with a 12-amp motor
- 7-inch front and 10-inch rear wheels
- Starts with a push button
- 20-inch cutting deck made of durable material
- Very low maintenance
- Mow the lawn anytime thanks to the quiet operation
- Does not require oil or gas
- Durable construction
- Some customers have said that the mower has difficulty cutting grass with high moisture content
- Some customers have complained of receiving faulty devices
Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25142
This small Greeworks electric machine is the cheapest electric lawn mower that I can confidently recommend. It’s simple but efficient, silent and cuts pretty well for its power, making it a solid choice for small lawns. What most users will like is its compact body which makes it easy to store virtually anywhere.
- Great power for the price
- Can rear discharge and mulch
- 6-inch front wheels; 7-inch rear wheels
- 16-inch cutting deck
- Quitet, compared with other mowers in the same category
- Does not require assembly
- Sturdy construction
- Very lightweight design
- Some have complained of unresponsive customer support
- Others feel that the bag is very small
Delivering fantastic value for the price and redefining what we can expect from the more affordable units, these cheap electric lawn mowers are easily the best on the market and they’re sure to positively impress. Thank you for reading and we hope you’ve found your new machine – as always, have a great day!