As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Delivering a powerful combination of high quality and attractive prices, the zero-turn mowers we’ll be taking a look at today are true powerhouses of value. Out of all the competition, they are, in our opinion, the best zero turn mowers for the money on the market and they all ensure you get the most bang out of your buck. Some are so great, in fact, that they even made it to our main list of personal picks for the best zero turn mowers of all time.
From powerful motors to professional performance, modern features and fantastic zero-turn capabilities, these mowers have it all – with a beautiful price tag on top. Let’s take a look!
Best Zero Turn Mowers for the Money Comparison
These are, in our opinion, the best zero turn mowers for the money, thoroughly compared for you.
|Zero Turn Mower||Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 24 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower||Swisher ZTR 24HP 54-Inch BS-CA Response Gen 2||Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Kohler Zero Turn Riding Mower||Ariens IKON-X 52" Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series||Snapper 360z Mower, Riding, Zero Turn, Red|
|Deck Width||61 Inch||54 Inch||54 Inch||52 Inch||48 Inch|
|Engine Power||24 HP||24 HP||26 HP||23 HP||21.5 HP|
|Warranty||3 Years||2 Years||3 Years||3 Years||2 Years|
Best Zero Turn Mowers for the Money Reviewed
Here you can read in-depth reviews of the machines that are, in our honest opinion, the best zero turn mowers for the money, ensuring you find the perfect one.
The MZ61 likely won’t win the award for the best zero turn mowers for the money, but for the kind of power and features it offers, it can certainly be put under, in my opinion, the best zero turn mower deals section overall. It comes equipped with a reliable 24 HP Kawasaki engine that can zoom the mower around at speeds of 8.5 mph, cutting time of covering large areas. It has a large 61” deck (with ergonomically designed deck lifting system) and up to 12 cutting heights. Like most mowers in this category, the MZ61 has very comfortable high-back seating with padded hand grips and has vibration dampeners which will make you forget you are sitting on a lawn mower. I admire this powerful beast that’s capable of taking on all types of terrain and tasks – no matter how rough and extensive – and come out victorious. All of this power, performance and quality at an attractive price makes it a serious contender to become the best zero turn mower for the money if you’re a professional.
- Powerful and famously reliable 24 HP Kawasaki engine
- Top speeds of 8.5 mph
- Wide 61″ cutting deck
- Roll-over Protection System (ROPS) for operator safety
- Option to mulch, bag or discharge clippings
- Adjustable cutting height
- Extremely comfortable to ride
- Solid, durable construction quality
- Cuts down on the mowing time considerably with its 61” deck
- Great ergonomic seating, seat-belt provided
If you have a large lawn then you’ll find the ZTR2454BS is ideal due to its speed, durability, comfort and mighty performance. When asking myself “What is the best zero turn mower for the money?”, the Swisher brand instantly came to mind due to their constant stream of excellent bang for the buck machines and this one is no exception. It is built sturdily and is equipped with a potent 24 HP Briggs & Stratton (Professional Series) engine that runs quietly compared with other engines in the same category. This zero-turn riding mower is equipped with 3 mulching blades if you like your grass cut very fine. And to adjust to the cutting height, all you need is your foot. If I were to compare best zero-turn mower prices, the Swisher would feature prominently on the list, in my view.
- Solid 24 HP Briggs and Stratton engine design
- Can carry up to 8 gallons of gas
- Has a top speed of 8 mph
- Equipped with a front debris shield
- Rapid Response System for superior control and comfort
- Offers a smooth and comfortable ride
- Very easy to operate
- Great value for the money
- Mower’s fuel efficiency isn’t the best
This zero-turn lawn mower by Husqvarna is a dream machine because of its ease of use and efficiency. It boasts of a 26 HP Kohler engine that roars to life reliably and offers a maximum speed of 6.5 mph. With its 54-inch cutting steel-reinforced deck, the Z254 offers smooth cuts and has a transmission which the company claims is hassle-free and requires zero maintenance. It offers an air-induction mowing technology which makes cutting the grass a smooth experience and every cut is superior. For its size, the Z254 is a sturdy machine and offers great stability and I didn’t notice any grass build-up. In my opinion, this is, in my opinion, one of the best zero-turn mowers for the money.
- Reliable 26 HP Kohler engine to take on most terrains
- Park Brake System (patent pending)
- Offers air induction mowing technology for a better cutting experience
- A durable, steel-reinforced 54-inch deck
- Very versatile; can discharge, bag or mulch clippings
- Equipped with a large cooling fan that keeps the mower working effortlessly
- Zero-maintenance transmission
- Easy to assemble
- The mower has difficulty cutting grass on slopes
The IKON-X will make you fall in love with it either at first sight or at first ride. Made by the wonderful team over at Ariens, a company that specializes in lawn mowers and has been manufacturing quality products since the late 1950’s, it redefines what you can expect from affordable machinery. This mower features the famously reliable and potent 23 HP Kawasaki FR V-Twin engine which is well built and can go on for a long time without any malfunctions. It’s also extremely well built and with its massive 52” deck and potent engine it can take on huge lawns quickly and easily, all while delivering smooth performance and gorgeous looking results. It comes complete with a high-padded back and armrests so you can cover a large piece of land without much fatigue. All of this coupled with a mind-blowing price makes the IKON-X one of, in my opinion, the best zero-turn mowers for the money ever made.
- Reliable and potent 23 HP Kawasaki FR V-Twin engine
- Large 52” steel cutting deck
- Tubular steel frame with hydro gear transaxles drive system
- Cutting height selection is dial operated
- Extremely sturdy, can take a lot of abuse (if it has to)
- Adjustable seat and armrests (up to 3 directions) make it a comfortable ride
- Keeps the debris out, eliminating the chances of clogging
- Can work on multiple terrains due to wheels and sturdiness
- Heavier weight makes it great on hills
- Can be noisy while operating
The Snapper 360z has a 21.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Professional series engine and a 48-inch deck for wider cuts and is a real time saver. The engine starts on the first go and because of its unique, I could barely feel the vibrations and could cover even rougher terrains easily. The mower is quite compact, sturdy and comfortable which makes for an enjoyable ride. Another great thing about this mower is the foot-controlled blade adjustment which is a huge time saver as well as being much more comfortable to use. It also has an awesome and very useful cargo bed on the rear, ensuring you have everything you need at hand.
- 21.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Professional Series engine
- Foot-controlled blade adjustment
- 48-inch deck for wide cuts to save on mowing time
- Integrated cargo-bed
- Superb handling for a comfortable, fatigue-free ride
- Clean, consistent cutting
- Can be equipped with a variety of accessories
- Compact design
- Some customers have observed that the mower cannot be reversed easily on an incline
And there you have it – the models that are, in our opinion, the very best zero turn mowers for the money! They’ll give you an excellent experience and quality results at extremely attractive prices, blowing the competition up in terms of sheer value for the price.
Thanks as always for reading and enjoy your brand new machine!