If you value getting the most bang out of your back and want a push mower that does exactly that, then you’ve come to the right place! Today we’re going to take a look at the very best push mowers for the money, ensuring that you get a whole mountain of value for the price.
Although we’ve already listed the best push mowers in general, these are the ones that deliver tremendous quality and performance at insanely attractive prices. They stand out from the competition as true powerhouses of value and they’re ready to give you perfect looking lawns – all without breaking the bank. Let’s take a look!
Best Push Mower for the Money Reviews
Here you can read in-depth reviews of the best push mowers for the money, ensuring you know what each one has to offer and which one’s perfect for you.
Why do I think the EGO Power+ is one of the best push mowers for the money? It’s simple – because it has one of the best value for the price relations on the market. From its fantastic 56V battery that is powerful enough for a small-to-medium lawn and charges equally as fast to the rugged construction quality and impressive performance, the EGO Power+ redefines what battery powered units can do. It’s easily one of the best push mowers for the price currently on the market.
- Available as a bare tool and in 3 types of batteries
- 20-inch cutting deck
- 5 options to change cutting height
- Overload protection
- Easy folding for quick storage
- Batteries charge rapidly
- Cuts long lengths in short time
- Makes 30% less noise compared with gas mowers
- Not a self-propelled mower
- Some customers say the safety function doesn’t work
Snapper 2185020 / 7800979 HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Mower Deck, ReadyStart and Height Adjustment
I like this particular Snapper model for its sturdy build and consistent performance coupled with the unique HI-VAC feature and mighty power. Featuring a powerful 190cc Briggs and Stratton engine that does not require a choke or any priming; you just pull the cord and put it to work while the 21-inch wide steel deck takes care of everything. All of these qualities combined with an attractive price make this Snapper one of the best push mowers for the money.
- 190cc Briggs & Stratton engine
- Bags, side discharges or mulches
- 7 adjustments for cutting
- Powerful HI VAC deck that cuts and cleans up grass clipping simultaneously
- Bag provided with it is larger than that of other mowers
- Very powerful suction
- Leaves the yard looking very clean
- No need for choke or priming
- Putting it together could be frustrating for some
- Some customers unhappy with build quality
I tested this model on my neighbor’s yard which is about ½ acre and I am happy to report that it makes the cut for being one of the best push lawn mowers for the money. Not only did it do the job on a single charge, but it also did it pretty silently.
- 6 Ah, 40-volt battery with an integrated USB port
- 7 height adjustments
- Push-button start
- Brushless motor for more torque
- Works very silently
- The battery lasts up to 45 minutes
- Can charge your phone while mowing
- Folds easily to make space
- Could be difficult to clean
- Some customers have complained of the charger getting very hot
I can’t believe how easy to operate this model by Honda is. Controlling how fast or how slow it will go is all in the handle; the harder you press, the faster it goes and so on – as you’d expect from a great push mower. Even though it’s an older model, the fantastic quality you get for the price makes it worth every penny.
- Equipped with a GCV 160cc engine
- Simple cutting height adjustments
- Effective side-discharge for mulching
- 21-inch cutting deck
- Extremely easy to use
- No assembly required
- Fantastic mulching performance
- Very high-quality build
- The gas tank is a bit small
- Older models such as this still use outdated design choices
I like the 7021P for its price point and the fact that it is equipped with a Honda engine which works great on most types of grass. It has all the bells and whistles that I have come to associate with mowers of this category, making it a great all-rounder machine.
- Honda GVC160 engine
- 4 point, 9-position cutting adjustments
- 3-in-1 functionality
- Double ball bearings for smooth sailing over any terrain
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Very competitively priced for its category
- Starts on the first pull
- Lightweight and easy to push
- Some customers say that the unit is of somewhat shoddy build quality
- Others feel that it is not a reliable product
I am very impressed with the design of this Fiskars product because even if it does not feature any engine – as is typical of reel mowers – it still delivers smooth and effective cutting performance. It is also very easy to push thanks to its chain-drive design and provides more cutting power, making it one of the best push mowers for the money.
- Powered by InertiaDrive reel
- Reversible grass chute
- Large-diameter cutting reel; thicker blades
- 2X more power than standard designs
- Hardly makes any noise while cutting
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Very easy to push
- Excellent cutting quality
- Some customers found this mower to be too heavy
- Other customers found it hard to cut long grass with the unit
For all the value hunters out there, these are by far the very best push mowers for the money. They positively impress with just how much quality they deliver for the price and are easily the top choices on the market in terms of sheer value. Thank you for reading and we hope you’ve found your new push mower – have a great day!