Powerful, versatile and incredibly popular, gas lawn mowers are a classic for a reason. There are hundreds of options on the market, including very affordable ones, but not all are worth your investment – that’s where we come in. Today we’ll be taking a look at the best cheap gas lawn mowers you can get, all of which have shown to be better than the competition throughout our rigorous testing and analysis.
Even though we’ve already listed the best gas lawn mowers on the market, on this article we’ll focus solely on the more inexpensive choices – the ones that striking a fantastic balance between quality and affordability, giving you everything that makes gas lawn mowers great such as robust construction quality, beastly power and smooth performance, all without breaking the bank. Let’s take a look and find the perfect one for you!
Best Cheap Gas Lawn Mowers Comparison
These are the best cheap gas lawn mowers on the market, thoroughly compared for you.
|Lawn Mower||Husqvarna 22" Self Propelled Gas Mower||Husqvarna 7021P 21" 160cc Honda GCV Gas 3-N-1 Push Mower||Troy-Bilt TB330 163cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn mower||Lawn-Boy 17734 21-Inch Kohler Electric Start XTX OHV Lawn Mower||Poulan Pro PR500N21SH, 21 in. 140cc Briggs & Stratton 2-IN-1 Mower|
|Capabilities||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Mulch, Side Discharge|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years||3 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
Cheap Gas Lawn Mowers Reviews
Here you can read our best cheap gas lawn mower reviews, giving you an in-depth look at all the winning machines and ensuring you make the right choice.
Equipped with a potent 190cc Briggs & Stratton engine and an extra-large 22″ cutting deck, this cheap gas lawn mower by Husqvarna does extremely well in terms of performance, quality, durability and ease of use. Adding to its versatility, it also features a 3-in-1 capacity so that it adapts to mulching, discharging and bagging, ensuring it perfectly suits your preference. The front wheel is 8 inches while the rear wheel is 11 inches, ensuring it can drive on rough terrain and the awesome all-wheel drive self propelled system makes using it an enjoyable, effortless task. With rugged construction quality to boot, this machine’ll keep going for years on end – all while delivering great cutting performance and beautiful results at an especially affordable price.
- 190cc B&S engine
- A 22-inch steel mowing deck
- 3-in-1 cutting capacity including mulching, discharging and bagging the grass
- Auto-walk self-propelled wheel drive system
- 3-position height adjustment
- Exclusive 4×4 drive rear hi-wheel that makes for easy maneuverability
- You can control the speed of mowing through the auto-walk self-propulsion
- The handle is easily adjustable with 3 options
- Easily moves and handles uneven terrain
This cheap gas-powered lawn mower offers a lot of great features for its price, hence its incredible popularity. I like the compact design and the reasonably powerful and famously reliable 160cc Honda GCV engine makes this a must-buy for deal seekers as it’s positively ensured to last a lifetime while always delivering fantastic performance. You’ll be surprised with how easily it glides over the lawn even without a self propelled system and the 3-in-1 cutting capability ensures it can perfectly adapt to any task. All of this coupled with a solidly built body and a stunningly attractive price makes the Husqvaran 7021P an outstandingly good contender for the best cheap gas lawn mower on the market.
- Equipped with a powerful and famously reliable Honda GCV60 engine
- 4-point cutting height adjustment
- 21-inch cutting deck
- 12-inch rear wheels for better maneuverability
- An engine that runs quietly
- Storage made easy thanks to the foldable design
- Lightweight and compact
- 2-year labor and parts warranty included
- The mower can have trouble with tall grass
Another great contender in the list of cheap gas lawn mowers is the TB330 because of its all-inclusive features. Instead of offering all the bells and whistles, it simply focuses on the essentials and makes them count, resulting in a straightforward and highly effective machine. In the crowd of cheap gas-powered lawn mowers, Troy-Bilt’s T330 stands out as a great choice.
- 3-in-1 convertible deck
- Equipped with a 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine
- Large 1.9-bushel capacity bag included
- 8-inch rear wheels for tackling uneven terrain
- The manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty
- Integrated deck wash for easy cleaning
- ReadyStart technology for smooth operation
- Very quiet fuel tank
- The mower is doesn’t have the best build quality
- Some customers say that the mower stalls easily
Lawn-Boy 17734 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler Electric Start XTX OHV, 3-in-1 Discharge Self Propelled Lawn Mower
The highly popular Lawn-Boy 17734 has an easy and convenient electric start which works perfectly and all it takes is the turn of a key to start mowing. It can mow in any environment and it has the popular 3-in-one function (side discharge, mulching and bagging) that adds to its versatility. With an impressive build quality and great, smooth performance to boot, it’s absolutely worthy of a spot on our cheap gas lawn mowers list. I would suggest that if you come across cheap gas lawn mowers for sale like this model, you should grab it ASAP as they’re an even sweeter deal when discounted.
- 149cc Kohler XTX OHV engine
- 2-point height-of-cut adjustment
- Tri-Cut system for excellent cuts every time
- Easy push start
- 3-year Tru-Start guarantee by the manufacturer
- 2-year warranty
- Large wheels for better traction and control
- The mower is made up of flimsy materials
- A few customers have said that the mower stopped working after one use
I would say I have come across the best cheap gas lawn mower when I find one that combines great quality with an equally great price and the Poulan Pro PR500 delivers both. Like most other mowers in this category, this one also features a pull-start, which I found was quite responsive and worked in the first try. With a small but peppy 140cc engine, a solid 21-inch cutting deck and a 2-in-1 function, it’s a simple but solid all-rounder at a low price.
- 11-inch front, 7-inch rear (easy rolling) wheels
- 140cc Briggs & Stratton engine
- 21-inch cutting width
- 4-point cutting height adjustment
- Works with ease on inclines and uphill
- Easy maintenance and maneuverability
- Very easy to assemble
- Easy to push and very lightweight
- It is not self-propelled
- The engine tends to stall every now and then
Honda HRR216K9VKA 3-in-1 Variable Speed
I am glad that the Honda name does not disappoint with the HRR216K9VKA, as this mower is a true performer. The mower does not include any attachments and manufacturers claim that it does not need any. And as far as cheap gas lawn mowers go, this one shines.
- Powerful CV160 engine
- 6-position cutting height-of-cut adjustment
- Mulching and bagging made easy by twin blades
- EPA and CARB compliant
- Does not require any attachments
- Comfortable foam grip
- Foldable for easy storage
- Extremely durable, maneuvers easily across lawns
- The mower is somewhat noisy
- You may find it difficult to work uphill
These are great cheap gas lawn mowers that for one reason or the other just didn’t make the cut on the top list. They’re still worth considering so we’ll list them here.
Equipped with a 140cc OHV engine, this mower does the job beautifully on small lawns. Assembling this unit is easy, which I believe, will please many customers. It works effortlessly on most grass, but people who have Bermuda grass may have trouble moving it around. But if you don’t have a lot of grass to cut, you will be fine.
- Efficient 140cc OHV gas engine
- Dual-lever height adjustment
- Mulching and side discharge capabilities
- 7 and 11-inch wheels
- Clean, consistent cuts
- Lightweight, very easy to handle
- Easy to assemble
- Mows underbrush and thick grass with ease
- The lack of side discharge rear bag can be frustrating
- Some customers have reported that the mower leaks oil
As far as cheap gas lawn mowers go, this model by Troy-Bilt is unique, for it is the only riding lawn mower in this list. I was able to maneuver it smoothly across my yard thanks to the easy operation and it moves quite well in tight corners. If you have straightforward cutting jobs and you want to do that in style and comfort, this is the mower for you. A really popular and highly valuable machine for the price.
- 382cc auto choke OHV engine
- Massive 30-inch cutting deck
- 18-inch turning radius
- 6-speed transmission
- Moves around tight corners easily
- Very easy to operate
- Cuts efficiently
- Very smooth handling
- Some customers have said that the mower is quite loud
- Other customers have complained that the mower is not sturdy on hills
As these beautifully cheap gas lawn mowers prove, you don’t need to spend a fortune in order to get a fantastic machine, a high-quality experience and a gorgeous lawn. Thanks as always for reading and be sure to leave a comment below telling us which affordable gas lawn mower you got and what you think of it!