Delivering the most power, the widest cuts, the best performance and the highest-level of quality, commercial zero turn mowers are the answer to your biggest and harshest lawn mowing needs. Be it for large residential areas or vast commercial fields, we’ve got the best commercial zero-turn mowers on the market – all thoroughly reviewed and compared for you. While we’ve already listed the best zero turn mowers in general, today we’re going to focus solely on those that can take on any task – no matter how rough or extensive – and come out victorious with ease.
Professionally tested and analysed, they’ve proven to be the top choices among the fierce competition and they’re ready to take on any task you throw at them, offering you perfect results in the end. If you’re looking for the best of the best in commercial zero turn mowers, this is it. Let’s take a look!
Best Commercial Zero Turn Mowers Comparison
These are the best commercial zero turn mowers on the market, thoroughly compared for you.
|Zero Turn Mower||Swisher Z3166CPKA Big MOW 31 HP/66 in. Commercial Pro ZTR||Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 24 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower||Swisher ZTR2766BS Response 27 HP 66-Inch B&S ZTR Mower||Ariens Apex 60" 24 HP Kawasaki V Twin Zero-Turn Riding Mower||Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero Turn Riding Mower||Swisher ZTR 24HP 54-Inch BS-CA Response Gen 2|
|Deck Width||66 Inch||61 Inch||66 Inch||60 Inch||61 Inch||54 Inch|
|Engine Power||31 HP||24 HP||27 HP||24 HP||27 HP||24 HP|
|Roll-Over Protection System|
|Warranty||2 Years||3 Years||2 Years||3 Years||3 Years||2 Years|
Best Commercial Zero Turn Mower Reviews
Here you can read in-depth reviews of the best commercial zero turn mowers on the market, letting you know what each one has to offer and ensuring that you find the perfect one.
Swisher Z3166CPKA Big MOW 31 HP/66 in. Kawasaki Commercial Pro Front Deck ZTR Zero Turn Mower, 66″, Black
The Swisher Z3166CPKA Big Mow is a commercial zero turn mower that’s made to tackle the toughest and largest lawn mowing tasks and come out on top with ease, delivering excellent results and a top-quality experience at all times. If you ask professionals “Who makes the best commercial zero turn mower?”, the brand Swisher will certainly always come up and this machine is one of the reasons why. With its massive 66-inch cutting deck, it cuts incredibly extensive lawns in no time while the roaring and everlasting 31 HP (999 CC) Kawasaki engine ensures flawless performance and unmatched speed. Even with a mower of this size, the potent engine ensures that you can drive at 10 mph right through thick and thin with no problem while the fully adjustable high back suspension seat makes for an incredibly comfortable ride.
A special feature of this unit is the extra-large and super rugged set of massive rear wheels that easily makes this machine the very best commercial zero turn mower for rough terrain as well. Other greatly appreciated professional features include hydrostatic transmission, dual LED headlights that will let you mow at your own pace even after the sun has gone down, the roll-over protection system that keeps you safe at all times, the uniquely accessible controls (which has a patented Rapid Response System) and the fantastic blade(s) that are made of commercial grade cast iron, ensuring they can cut through anything and last extensive, heavy use. All of this coupled with tank-like durability and a fair price for its excellent package make this 100% made in America machine the very best commercial zero turn mower you can get.
- 31 HP (999 CC) Kawasaki engine that is famous for never-ending reliability and insanely powerful performance
- Extra-large 66″ steel cutting deck
- Hydrostatic transmission
- Fuel capacity of 8 gallons
- Adjustable suspension seat for long working hours
- Pre-equipped ROPS (roll-over protection system)
- Commercial grade features
- Welded steel frame that is commercial grade and heavy-duty for the toughest jobs
- Reduces cutting time with its huge 66-inch cutting deck
- Insanely powerful engine makes the machine fast and potent as well as reliable
- Extremely heavy-duty construction and exemplary attention to detail
- Added protection with full engine wrap and ROPS
- Super comfortable steering with ergonomic patented rapid response system for long hours of use
- Needs appropriately large storage
In all high-quality commercial zero turn mower reviews, Husqvarna is a name that features often and for good reason – they’ve got a long history of great professional products that deliver quality and performance at attractive prices – this is why we’ve got two of their machines listed as our top-rated commercial zero turn mowers. The MZ61 is a heavy-duty machine that is ideal for taking on large areas with speed and comfort while also achieving beautiful results.
Featuring the powerful and highly beloved 24 HP Kawasaki engine that’s known for its reliability coupled with a wide, robust 61″ mowing deck and large wheels, it can take on any lawn – be it flat or hilly, big or small, smooth or rough – and come out victorious, delivering flawless results and a wonderful ride. Other awesome features include the roll-over protection system that ensures your safety at all times even when on extra steep terrain, directly making this machine a worthy contender for being the best commercial zero turn mower for hills too. It also features a deck lifting system that has been ergonomically designed to make quick and easy adjustments from the operator’s seat and the top-notch controls that make using the machine a enjoyable, responsive experience. It also comes pre-equipped with 3 heavy-duty blades and offers a great 3 year warranty. To top it all off it’s available at a stunningly attractive price, making this an unmissable deal and one of the best commercial zero turn mowers you can get.
- Roll-over protection system
- 61-inch cutting deck for precise, manicured cuts
- 9-bushel triple bag collecting system
- Quick direction change with the hydrostatic transmission system
- Very comfortable to operate with high-back seats and armrests
- You can bag or mulch your grass clippings
- Greater maneuverability and reduced mowing time
- Can counter rough terrains easily
- Can be slightly difficult to assemble
If you are a professional landscaper that wants power, performance and speed without compromise, then the Swisher ZTR2766BS commercial zero turn mower can be the perfect machine for you. It is equipped with an incredibly powerful 27 HP Briggs & Stratton engine that is known for its durability and the huge 66-inch cutting deck made from fabricated steel ensures that you not only get an extra-wide cut but also great results at all times. You can easily adjust the deck with the use of just one foot, and the mower can be operated using super responsive joystick-like controls, making it easier and much more enjoyable to operate than a lot of other ZTR mowers.
It’s impressively well built, as we’ve come to expect from Swisher, and the engine has low vibration while in operation, which ensures a longer life due to less wear and tear. The wheels can transverse all terrain be it smooth or rough and it also comes pre-equipped with a roll-over protection system and highly comfortable seating, making it not only an enjoyable ride but also a safe one. The ZTR2766BS delivers ludicrous performance with an unabashed focus on raw power and speed, making it a favorite of mine and absolutely deserving a spot on our best commercial zero turn mowers list.
- Equipped with a 27 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- Made in the United States
- Foot-assisted deck lift means you can change the cutting heights easily
- Ogura clutch and Hydro-Gear 2800 transmission
- Anti-scalping wheels mean smoother, cleaner cuts
- Very comfortable to use
- Mow for longer sessions with large fuel capacity (8 gallons)
- Mows lawns at a much faster speed
- A few customers have reported that the mower can be a fuel guzzler
This excellent extra-wide 60″ version of the Ariens Apex is one of the best commercial zero turn mowers there is – let’s see why. It has many top-of-the-line features such as the Constant Belt Tension system (CBT), responsive controls, heavy-duty construction, extra-comfortable seating and even the famous 24 HP Kawasaki FR730 V Twin engine that’s popular for its undying performance and awesome power. A high level of attention to detail also minimizes its need for maintenance as well as significantly reducing wear and tear.
It is equipped with large rear tires that make for a smoother ride, improved traction and ensures that it can travel on any terrain no matter how rough or hilly it may get. It can move up to 8 mph forward, 4 mph in reverse and it’s very nimble which is impressive for a beast of this size and weight and it’s compatible with the classic add-ons you’d expect like roll-over protection systems, baggers and more. Ariens also proudly claims that its designs are virtually indestructible and once you take a ride on the Apex you’ll instantly know why – it’s built like a tank. A true powerhouse of value that stands out as the best commercial zero turn mower for the money, the Apex offers you professional level quality and performance at an especially affordable price.
- 24 HP twin Kawasaki FR series engine for better fuel management and easy starting
- Hydro-gear ZT-3100 commercial grade transaxles for smoother control and less vibration
- Foot-operated deck lift system makes for effortless adjustments
- 10-gauge welded deck design
- Very easy maneuverability; can tackle terrains easily
- Very fuel efficient; you won’t have to refill fuel tanks repeatedly
- Low maintenance
- Very powerful engines for smooth, precise cuts
The MZ61 lists in our reviews of the best commercial zero turn mowers again, but this time with a 27 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. It has highly similar features to the previously listed model although there are a few differences as well, as we’ll see next. I like the fact that the fuel tanks can hold up to 5 gallons of fuel and is on the side of the mower for easy refueling. Another great feature that this mower offers is that it won’t start unless you are seated, which is a great safety feature among a few others, that are explained in the manual that comes with it. Another awesome quality which can only be found in commercial grade zero-turn mowers of this caliber is its ability to make tight sharp turns, making it extra nimble and easy to maneuver which ensures nothing escapes its cutting deck. This model, just like the previously seen one, is one of the best commercial zero-turn mowers on the market today.
- Most number of safety features compared with others in this list
- Very sturdy wheels for easy maneuvering and balance
- Hydrostatic transmission system for quick direction change
- Cutting deck lift is paddle assisted
- 9-bushel; triple bag collection system for increased versatility and efficiency
- Equipped with a meter to remind you when to service your mower
- Comfortable seating with armrests that allow you to work for long without fatigue
- Very powerful Briggs & Stratton engine
- Briggs & Stratton version trades reliability for power, requiring more maintance
The Z2469CPKA is a second generation mower that offers all the qualities that made its bigger brother an excellent machine but with a smaller, 60-inch cutting deck and an even more attractive price tag – hence why it instantly came to mind when I asked myself “what is the best commercial zero turn mower?”. It’s equipped with an Ogura clutch and hydrostatic transmission, and the steering method is perfect for long hours of work with two ergonomic control sticks for grasping or resting your arms, ensuring moving does not take up much effort. It has a peppy 24 HP (726 CC) engine, which is powerful enough to let you sail across the lawn at the speed of 8 mph (back or forth) and leave it looking gorgeous and perfectly cut. It also has a front debris shield that improves airflow to stop the cut grass flying back on the operator, making it a great contender in our list of the best commercial zero-turn mowers.
- A large, 60-inch cutting deck that is enough for most jobs
- Ogura clutch and Hydro-Gear 3100 transmission
- Made in the United States
- Has a full capacity of 8 gallons
- Improved control and comfort with the patented Rapid Response Control System
- Comes with heavy-duty fenders with cup holder and battery and storage compartments
- Deck-lift system that is foot assisted
- Armrests and seat belts are included
- Doesn’t come pre-equipped with a roll-over protection system
Swisher ZTR2454BS Response
Swisher has been making lawn mowers for more than 6 decades, so it won’t be wrong to say that they make some of the best commercial zero-turn mowers. They include the latest features and techniques in their mowers such as foot assistance for easy lifting of the deck or a full engine wrap for its protection. The ZTR2454BS Response is no different and features a 24 HP (724 CC) Briggs and Stratton engine that makes clearing off large yards or properties very easy. It has a cutting width of 54 inches and can run at speeds of 8 mph forward or backward. And it comes with accessories such as a battery compartment, cup holder, hour meter, front and rear hitch and many more.
- Front debris shield for improved airflow and better grass discharge
- Equipped with Ogura clutch and Hydro-Gear 2800 transmissions
- Fenders are heavy duty that also have a battery compartment, a cup holder and storage
- 3 gator mulching blades along with 54” cutting deck
- Very large gas tanks for uninterrupted cutting
- Keeps your arms in a comfortable position to avoid fatigue
- Great maneuverability to tackle any terrain easily
- Great forward and backward speed for a thorough job
- Some customers have felt that this mower guzzles fuel quite rapidly
- Other customers feel that this mower needs more maintenance compared with other lawn mowers on the market
With unique features – such as wide bases, beastly power and rugged construction – that make them perfect to take on large fields and deliver top-notch cuts, these machines are easily the best commercial zero turn mowers on the market. They’ll perform flawlessly for a lifetime and always be ready to give you beautiful looking lawns no matter how large or rough they may be!