As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Offering you unmatched comfort and effortless results, robotic lawn mowers are booming in popularity due to how incredibly easy they make it to have a good looking lawn without moving a finger. Constantly improving in quality and price, they’ve become a viable way to completely skip the hard work of mowing your lawn and we’ve made a selection of the models that are, in our honest opinion, the very best robot lawn mowers on the market, ensuring you find the perfect one.
After thoroughly testing, comparing and reviewing all the market leaders, we’ve found out the machines that positively stand out from the competition, making them, in our opinion, the very best you can get. With cutting edge features, rugged construction quality and fantastic performance, they allow you to leave it all up to the robot while you enjoy your free time. Now let’s take a look and find the right one for you!
Best Robot Lawn Mowers Comparison
These are, in our opinion, the best lawn mower robots on the market, thoroughly compared for you.
|Robot Lawn Mower
|Husqvarna Automower 450X Robotic Lawn Mower
|Husqvarna Automower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower
|Husqvarna AUTOMOWER 315X Robotic Lawn Mower
|Husqvarna Automower 115H Robotic Lawn Mower
|WORX WR150 Landroid L 20V Robotic Lawn Mower
|Gardena 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower
|McCulloch R1000, ROB 1000 Robotic Lawn Mower
|Max Area Coverage
Best Robot Lawn Mowers Reviews
Here you can read our best robot lawn mower reviews which give you an in-depth look at all the winning machines and ensure you find the perfect one.
The “Cadillac” of robotic lawn mowers, the excellent Husqvarna 450X is a beast of a machine, delivering incredible performance, cutting-edge features and jaw-dropping results, all coupled with a rugged construction quality that’s built to last.
Its highly efficient motor and top-notch cutting ability turn any lawn into a gorgeous looking carpet and with its incredible 270 minutes of runtime and 24-degree climbing capabilities, it can take on any lawn no matter how large or steep which directly makes it, in my opinion, not only the best robot lawn mower for hills but also the best robotic mower for large lawns ever made, in my view. With its unmatched 1.25 Acre capacity, you don’t need to worry about constantly recharging or moving the machine plus it fully recharges in just 60 minutes, ensuring it’s always ready to go. Its cutting height is extremely versatile and can be adjusted from 0.8 to 2.4 Inches, easily adapting to your grass type and preference, while the modern features such as GPS tracking, phone app and Alexa/Google compatibility make sure that you have a quick, easy and enjoyable experience from start to finish.
With a ruggedly built body and a great set of wheels to boot, it’ll endure endless hours of use and effortlessly take care of your lawn while you sit back and relax.
- Uses li-ion battery
- Charges in 60 minutes
- Runs for over 270 minutes on a single charge
- Cutting height of 0.8 to 2.4 inches
- Phone app available
- Easy scheduling function
- Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility
- GPS tracking built-in
- 1.25 Acre capacity
- 24 degree mowing capability
- Tremendous amount of run-time
- Unmatched Acre capacity
- Can mow even in step 24 degree hills
- Rugged set of wheels
- Excellent construction quality
- Phone app, GPS and Alexa/Google features make it extremely effective and simple to use
- Incredibly good looking results
- Silent performance
This top of the line Husqvarna robot lawn mower works quietly, efficiently and intelligently as well, giving your lawn a perfect mowing without any effort from your part. It works in an area of 0.8 acres and typically takes 65 minutes to charge completely before delivering up to 140 minutes of run-time. It’s beautifully well constructed, looks as good as it performs and the app, along with GPS tracking and Alexa/Google compatibility, make it a breeze to oversee and control.
It’s also very versatile due to a rugged set of large rear wheels, the great 0.8 to 2.4 Inches cutting height adjustment and its ability to climb steep hills. It takes on up to 0.8 acre lots with ease and the quiet performance ensures it never disturbs your peace while you enjoy you free time. All of these features coupled with excellent construction quality and a fantastically attractive price make the Husqvarna Automower 430X, in my opinion, the best lawn mower robot on the market in terms of sheer value.
- Uses li-ion battery
- Charges in 65 minutes
- 145 minutes runtime
- Can work in an area up to 0.8 acres
- Works at 57 dB sound level
- Equipped with GPS navigation
- Easy scheduling function
- Phone-app and Alexa/Google Assistant compatibility
- Can work on slopes with an incline up to 45%
- Great for mowing larger yards
- Highly impressive performance
- GPS navigation ensures efficient mowing of more unreachable lawn areas
- Compatible with automower connect app which means you can set the timings from your smartphone
- Uses smart technology to adapt to different lawn areas
The Husqvarna 315X allows you to keep your lawn in a beautiful shape without putting in too much effort. This lawn mower robot’s reviews have been universally positive among users and myself due to the great set of features it comes with for the price. If you want true high-quality without breaking the bank, this is a wonderful choice and in terms of sheer value for the price it is, in my opinion, one of the best robot mowers on the market.
- Comes equipped with Bluetooth connectivity
- Bluetooth works up to 100 feet
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Charging dock is easy to setup
- Set your time on the Connect app
- Can mow yards up to up to 0.4 acres
- Also works on slopes inclined up to 22 degrees
- Can cut grass up to 2.4 inches tall
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Extremely silent, therefore, you won’t even know it’s working
- Very digitally advanced; the app allows you to set the schedule anytime, anywhere
- Does not require any braking and can work in the rain and any rough weather
- Automatically returns to the battery station in case of low battery
- Sometimes if it gets stuck, it won’t realize when to stop rolling the wheels and stop
Another model by Husqvarna, this robot lawn mower reviews extremely well and is great for people who have lawns that measure up to half an acre. It automatically handles both mowing and recharging its battery, which means there is no manual intervention. Although it dismisses some of the more advanced features of the stronger models, it makes up for it by being much more affordable.
- Can mow areas up to half an acre
- Works around the perimeter set by the boundary wire
- Has 3 cutting blades
- Can mow up to 807 square feet per hour
- Can cut a path 8.7 inches wide
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Makes clean and clear cuts with 3 razor cutting blades
- Knows when to move around according to the boundary line
- Automatically handles charging and moves to the charging station when the battery is low
- Changes direction in case of colliding with an obstacle without damaging any equipment
- Too many programming options might be confusing for new users
This is, in my view, one of the best robotic lawn mowers that is intelligent enough to not take up your time and help you maintain your lawn without any effort. It is responsive and flexible which makes it ideal to cut all types of grass in your lawn.
- Programmed completely out of the box
- Uses AIA technology for convenience
- The Landriod declines up to a 20-degree angle
- The model has 2800 per minute no load speed
- Uses a shock sensor system
- 5-position cutting height adjustment
- Can cut a max surface of 1.5 acres
- The AIA tech allows for narrow, typical cuts and navigates narrow pathways
- Easy to set up and use since it is programmed out of the box
- The shock sensor allows for easy movement around obstacles
- Automatically returns to base in case of rain or for recharging the battery
- Needs frequent resetting
This is another excellent robot lawn mower by Gardena. It ensures a cutting height range of 2 cm to 5 cm. It is programmable and you can set the time and day when you want the mower to work. It is, in my opinion, one of the best robot lawn mowers for all types of yards.
- Cutting height ranges between 2 cm to 5 cm
- There are a lot of options on the panel to set a convenient time and day
- Comes with a boundary wire to be placed in the yard
- Can mow up to 800 square metres
- Uses 18V/1.6Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- You can set the time and day when you want your yard to be mowed
- Extremely easy to use and install
- Comes with anti-theft protection
- Is very silent in its operations
- Higher priced compared to its competitors
A completely programmable and easy-to-handle model, this is, in my opinion, one of the best robotic lawn mowers for those that want a simple but effective solution for their needs. It cuts up to 0.25 acres of grass, it’s fairly well built and it’s impressively silent too, allowing you to mow your lawn even at night if you don’t have the time during the day. All of this coupled with a solid amount of runtime and a super affordable price maks the R1000 worthy of being placed on our personal best robot mowers list. Let’s take a look at this lawn mower robot review.
- Cuts up to 0.25 acres of grass
- Can cut on slopes that are inclined up to 25%
- Operates on rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Comes with an automatic alarm
- 3 blades made of metal for cutting
- Extremely silent so it won’t create any disturbance
- The audible alarm works well to prevent robbery
- The rechargeable battery ensures zero emissions
- The metal blades are highly durable
- Easy to install and use
- Can cut the grass even on a slope
- Customer service might be a problem if it breaks
- Hybrid model; uses manual effort as well as automatic
- Uses Green Fuel technology
- Works with a manual start
- Goes up to 7 miles per hour
- Can work on slopes inclined up to 25 degrees
- Can cut grass up to 3-feet tall
- Works on slopes as well as even ground
- The unit generates its own electricity, therefore, it’s energy efficient
- Extremely powerful drive
- Comes with radio control so that you can be in control all the time
- The drive train is detachable which means you can attach other things like snow mowers, tillers, etc
- Not a fully automatic model; needs manual handling
Delivering great run-times, flawless cutting performance and truly modern features – as well as attractive prices and rugged construction – these machines really are, in our opinion, the best robot lawn mowers you can get and they will completely revolutionize the way you mow your lawn. Do less of the hard work and enjoy more of your free time. Thanks as always for reading and have a great day!