When it comes to dealing with large lawns – be it commercial fields or large residential areas – nothing beats a commercial lawn mower. Whether you prefer the classic walk-behind or the advanced zero-turn, gas or electric, today we’ll be taking a look at the very best commercial lawn mowers you can get.
Even though we’ve already listed the best lawn mowers in general, the machines in this article are specifically made to tackle any task – no matter how rough or extensive – and come out easily victorious while offering flawless results. After thorough testing, reviewing and comparisons, they’ve consistently shown to have the best set of features and qualities for commercial tasks. From incredible power and performance to rugged construction and attractive pricing, they’ve got it all. Without further ado, let’s take a look!
Best Commercial Lawn Mowers Comparison
These are the best commercial lawn mowers on the market, thoroughly compared for you. The first 2 models are zero-turn riding mowers while the others are traditional self-propelled ones.
|Lawn Mower||Swisher ZTR2766BS Response 27 HP 66-Inch B&S ZTR Mower||Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero Turn Riding Mower||Swisher Predator Walk Behind Rough Cut Mower, 24-Inch||Troy-Bilt WC33 420cc 33-inch Wide Cut RWD Lawn Mower||Honda HRX 217K4HZA 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow Mower||Snapper HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck||Yard Force Lithium-Ion 22” Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Mower|
|Self-Propelled||Zero-Turn Riding Mower||Zero-Turn Riding Mower|
|Power Source||Gas||Gas||Gas||Gas||Gas||Gas||Electric (Battery-Powered)|
|Power||27 HP||27 HP||344cc||420cc||200cc||190cc||120V|
|Capabilities||Bag, Mulch, Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Discharge||Rough Cut||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Rear Discharge and Shred||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge||Bag, Mulch, Side Discharge|
|Warranty||2 Years||3 Years||2 Years||3 Years||5 Years||2 Years||5 Years|
Best Commercial Lawn Mower Reviews
Here you can read our best commercial lawn mower reviews, letting you know exactly what each one has to offer and ensuring you find the perfect one. Let’s start with 2 riding ones before moving onto regular walk-behind choices.
This commercial lawn mower by Swisher has a 27 HP Briggs & Stratton engine and a powerful 66-inch 11-gauge cutting deck. One of the best commercial lawn mowers in the market, it is an electric start zero-turn riding lawn mower which can turn 360 degrees easily. The foot assisted deck also allows for users to lift it.
- 27 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- 66-inches 11-gauge fabricated cutting deck
- Zero-turn riding mower
- Electric start
- Hydro-Gear 2800 transmission
- A powerful Briggs & Stratton engine
- A wide cutting deck with 3 mulching blades
- It has a low centre of gravity so that it can turn easily
- The customer service isn’t great
This is an excellent commercial-grade lawn mower by Husqvarna with a 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine. With a 61-inch cutting deck, it can turn 360 degrees and offers great maneuverability on all terrains. It has great ergonomics, defined by the deck lifting system that lets the user lift the deck without leaving the seat. It also has 9-bushel triple bag collection system.
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine
- Zero-turn lawn mower offering a 360-degree turn ability
- A 9-bushel triple bag collection system
- 11-gauge steel cutting deck with 54 inches cut
- Has a powerful engine
- Built ergonomically
- The deck lifting system lets you operate it without leaving the seat
- Comfortable mowing
- ROPS (roll-over protection system) kit available
- The mulching kit and the bagger attachment are sold separately
If you are looking for a very heavy-duty lawn mower, this lawn mower by Swisher should be in your top choices. With a potent and reliable 11.5 HP Briggs & Stratton recoil start engine, this is a self-propelled walk-behind lawn mower featuring a 4-speed transmission with reverse. It comes with a 24-inch heavy-duty fabricated cutting deck and an extra-rugged set of wheels so that you’re capable of taking on the roughest cutting tasks and come out winning – all without a scratch.
The rough cut blades coupled with the solid frame can endure the toughest cuts and abuse you throw at them while the great set of controls and wheels ensure you can take this beast anywhere and have an enjoyable, comfortable time doing it.
- 11.5 HP Briggs & Stratton recoil start engine
- Self-propelled walk-behind mower
- Heavy-duty fabricated cutting deck
- 4-speed transmission with reverse
- The handlebars are made for operator control
- The blade is enclosed to ensure safety
- Can easily cut through densest of bushes and saplings
- The reverse mode helps you back out easily
- Takes a while to get used to its power and handling
The Troy-Bilt WC33 is a fantastically potent, heavy-duty machine that’s powered by a roaring 420cc OHV engine with an easy electric start and also features a mind-blowing 33-inch wide cutting deck and extra-large wheels that can take on any terrain with ease, no matter how rough. It is equipped with a rear-wheel drive system that comes with 4 speeds and an integrated deck wash. The unique handles and controls make using it not only a comfortable experience but also a responsive and enjoyable one while the beast behind its hood ensures excellent cutting results no matter how thick and tall the grass is.
A true beast of a machine, the Troy-Bilt WC33 couples all of its power with an outstanding, tank-like construction quality that ensures a lifetime of use – all while delivering flawless, gorgeous looking lawns. It’s also backed by a 3-year warranty, comes equipped with a 2-in-1 cutting system including mulching and side discharge and for the quality it offers, it’s available at an attractive price.
- 420 cc OHV engine
- 4 rear-wheel drive forward speeds
- 3-year warranty
- 2-in-1 mulching and side discharge system
- 33-inch twin-blade cutting deck
- Extra-large wheels
- Excellent set of wheels can transverse any terrain
- Roaring engine delivers powerful performance at all times
- The zero-turn mechanism saves time by turning completely
- Super wide twin-blade cutting deck turns long tasks into quick ones
- You can view the fuel capacity through the clear gas tank
- A long 3-year warranty
- The bagger option is sold separately
Honda HRX217HZA 662340 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow System Walk Behind Mower w/Clip Director, MicroCut Twin Blades, Roto-Stop (BSS) & Self Charging Electric Start
One of the best commercial lawn mowers on the market and one of the most popular as well, the famous HRX217HZA is an excellent Honda model that delivers every feature and every quality that a serious professional could ask for. Frmo its robust construction quality that’s made to last a lifetime of use to the roaring power of the reliable GCV200 engine and finally to the cutting-edge features it comes with, it’s made to take on anything at anytime and come out victorious.
It comes with an electric start and the ever useful auto choke function as well as the MicroCut twin-blade system that ensures superior performance along with a rechargeable cyclone battery that lasts for the entire season. This newer model also features the Versamow System, allowing you to choose from 4 modes – bagging, mulching, discharging or shredding – making it extremely versatile. It also has cutting height adjustment, excellent controls, a large and rugged set of wheels and a beautifully accomplished good looking design. One of the ultimate tools for professionals, the timeless and ever-improving HRX can certainly be considered to be the best commercial lawn mower you can get.
- Honda GCV 200cc engine
- Electric start
- Rechargeable cyclone battery
- MicroCut twin-blade cutting design
- 4-in-1 Versamow system
- Incredible power and performance
- Excellent construction quality
- Highly comfortable and nimble handling experience
- Famous Honda GCV engine is known for its reliability
- The battery lasts for an entire season
- Superior cutting performance in all 4 modes
- Versamow allows you to do any mowing task with ease
- Speed adjustments to mow at your pace
- Mind-blowing amount of value for the price
Snapper P2185020E 7800982 HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Rear Wheel Drive Variable Speed Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck, ReadyStart System and Height Adjustment
Another great heavy-duty lawn mower, this Snapper model comes with a Briggs & Stratton 850 Professional Series engine that not only puts out a potent 190cc but also comes with a ready start system that needs no choking or priming. It features a 21-inch deck and a 3-in-1 cutting design system, ensuring that it adapts to your style as well as making quick work of extensive lawns.
With adjustable cutting height
- Briggs & Stratton 190cc engine
- 21-inch Hi Vac cutting deck
- 3-in-1 cutting design
- 7-position height adjustment
- No choking or pushing needed to start
- Great power and performance in both cutting and driving
- Fantastic build quality and attention to detail
- A clean and life-extending body finish
- Easy to use adjustment handles
- Difficult to assemble
Yard Force Lithium-Ion 22” Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Mower with Torque-Sense Control – 2 Batteries & Fast Charger included
The only electric lawn mower that I’d recommend as a commercial tool, the Yard Force 120vRX delivers power, performance and a ruggedly built body that’s capable of enduring heavy work. With an advanced 120V brushless motor and rugged wheels that are both powered by two 2.5 Ah batteries, this thing’s power is impressive, especially for an electric model. Both batteries and a fast charger are included in the kit which lets you fully recharge 1 battery in just 30 minutes. It has a long 100 minutes cutting runtime and with a 22″ cutting deck to boot, it can take care of fairly extensive lawns with ease. It also has 3-in-1 capabilities to adapt to your preferred mowing style and it comes with a great 5 year warranty to boot. Even though it can’t compare to the raw power and performance of a classic gas unit, it blows the electrical competition out of the water and can be considered to be one of the best commercial lawn mowers on the market for its category.
- 120vRX brushless motor
- 22-inch wide steel deck
- Variable speed drive
- (2) 2.5 Ah batteries
- 100 minutes of runtime on a single charge
- 30-minute recharge time for 1 battery
- 7-position adjustable deck
- 3-in-1 capability to bag, mulch or discharge
- 5 year warranty
- A powerful dual-port battery connection
- Gets recharged very quickly
- Impressive torque and power
- A 4 AMP fast charger comes with the package
- Can be easily stored in an upright manner
- Great construction quality and design
- Fantastic customer service
- Not as dependable, long-lasting and heavy-duty as the classic gas powered mowers
This lawn mower by Troy-Bilt has a powerful 190 cc Honda engine with variable self-propelled four-wheel drive. The 21-inch steel deck has an integrated deck wash and the 8-inch front wheel and the 11-inch rear wheels easily move around on all terrains.
- 190 cc Honda GCV series engine
- 21-inch steel cutting deck
- 8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels
- Dual-level deck height adjustment
- A powerful Honda engine
- Cutting deck has an integrated deck wash
- Easy to move on rough terrains
- Surprisingly difficult to clean
This is equipped with a 625Ex 150 cc Briggs & Stratton auto choke engine and a 22-inch cutting deck. With a 3-in-1 cutting system, it offers a 9-position height adjustment with 8-inch front and 12-inch rear wheels. It is a front-wheel drive mower.
- Equipped with a 625Ex 150 cc Briggs & Stratton auto choke engine
- 3-in-1 cutting system
- 22-inch cutting deck
- 4-quick adjusters
- 9-position height adjustment
- Easily switch between mulching, discharging and bagging
- A powerful engine
- Wide enough cutting deck for tall grass
- Easy to adjust handles
- Each wheel has to be adjusted manually and separately
- Slightly under-powered for heavy-duty work
If you’re interested in learning more about the best commercial lawn mowers, be sure to read our more specific follow-up articles below:
- Best Commercial Walk Behind Mowers
- Best Commercial Self Propelled Lawn Mowers
- Best Commercial Push Lawn Mowers
- Best Commercial Riding Lawn Mowers
- Best Commercial Zero Turn Mowers
Rising above the competition due to their fantastic ability to take on any type of field easily and quickly – all while enduring a lifetime of use and delivering perfect looking lawns – these choices truly are the best commercial lawn mowers on the market.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading and that you’ve found your brand new machine – thanks for the visit and as always, have a great day!