If you’re on a very tight budget but still want to get a decent lawn mower that features self-propelled action, you’ve come to the right place. While they’re certainly hard to find, there are still a few great choices on the market and that’s exactly what we’ll be taking a look at in this article – the best self-propelled lawn mowers under 300 bucks. If you’re interested in the top choices in general, be sure to read our best self propelled lawn mowers list as in today’s article we’ll focus solely on units below $300. Now without further ado, let’s begin!
Best Self Propelled Lawn Mowers under 300 Reviewed
These are the best self propelled lawn mowers under 300 bucks on the market, thoroughly reviewed. Let’s take a look and find the perfect one for you!
The MO40L02 is the ideal tool if you have a small front yard like I do. It is extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver and does not take up a lot of space, thanks to its vertical storage feature. And you will never run out of power because it features a storage compartment to carry an extra battery. The 40v battery charges in just about 2 hours and can be used with other GreenWorks products that use the same battery. And I cannot stop marveling about how silent and powerful this machine is!
- Durable 21” deck that is suitable for small yards
- Is capable of mulching, bagging and side discharge
- Height can be adjusted via a single lever, has 7 settings
- Spare compartment to carry an extra battery for uninterrupted operation
- Large wheels make maneuvering easy
- Very quiet operation, you will forget you are mowing
- The battery lasts up to 70 minutes on a full charge
- Push-button start
- Some customers have complained that the batteries are not powerful enough
- Other customers feel that the self-propelled claim falls flat
Craftsman M215 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled FWD Self-Propelled Gas Powered Lawn Mower with Bagger
This self-propelled lawn mower by Craftsman powered by a 159cc engine and is equipped with front-wheel drive for quick movement across a small yard. The engine is fitted with auto choke, so all you will have to do is pull the cord to start it. I am in love with its lightweight design and can’t stop raving about how smooth it is to maneuver this machine and how effortless it is. The 21-inch steel deck has dual height adjustment and makes short work of the grass in no time, even in harsh conditions.
- Comes with a limited 2-year warranty
- Can side-discharge and has mulching capabilities
- Powerful 159cc gas engine; has single-speed transmission
- Dual-lever height adjuster
- Features a large gas tank so you can go on mowing without being worried about running out of gas
- Moves smoothly across the lawn without much effort
- You can adjust both the front and rear wheels individually
- Smooth starting operation without priming or choking
- Some customers have observed that it can struggle on steep hills
Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler XTX OHV, 3-in-1 Discharge Rear Wheel Drive Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Those who are looking for the best self-propelled lawn mowers under 300, look no further. Priced surprisingly low, the Lawn-Boy 17732 boasts of a Kohler XTX OHV engine that promises tough performance and user-friendly maintenance and to perform well on rough terrains as well. I am impressed with the 21-inch deck which is lightweight, yet durable and is capable of really clean cuts. It has a large bag for collecting clippings that eliminates the need to empty it frequently, even if you have a medium-sized yard. Getting rid of the clippings is also effortless.
- Full 2-year warranty plus a 3-year Tru Start commitment, meaning the mower is supposed to start in 1 or 2 pulls or it will be fixed for free
- Powerful Kohler 149cc engine
- Rear-wheel drive system for those hilly terrains
- Can mulch, side-discharge and mulch
- Large collection bag that saves you from emptying it often
- A commercial-grade engine that does not overheat easily
- Effortless maneuvering on any type of surface and around objects
- Great value for money product
- Some customers have complained of inconsistency in the mower’s operation
- Other customers have said that the mower is made of cheap materials and is not very durable
Offering you a solid experience at an unbelievably low price, these machines truly are the best self propelled lawn mowers under 300 bucks on the market. Now you can enjoy a beautifully well-cut lawn with all the ease of use and helpfulness that self-propelled lawn mowers deliver.
Thank you for reading and have a fantastic day!