If you’re looking for the best lawn mower under 200 bucks but don’t really know where to start, then you’ve come to the right place – after thorough testing, comparing and reviewing, we’ve made a selection of the top choices on the market that manage to deliver quality and performance at a mind blowing sub-200 price.
Even though these machines can get fairly expensive – as we’ve seen on our main best lawn mowers list – there are still a few choices on the market that positively impress even on such a strict budget. Whether you prefer the simple but effective reel mower or the classic push variety and whether you’re looking for a gas-powered or electric solution, we’ve got you covered. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the winners and find the perfect one for you!
Best Lawn Mowers Under 200 Reviewed
These are the best lawn mowers under 200 bucks on the market, thoroughly reviewed for you.
This great Poulan Pro machine is simple, affordable and effective as well as the first on this list of the best lawn mowers under $200. It is equipped with an impressive 125cc Briggs & Stratton engine, making it capable of cutting through all types of grass, and its 20-inch deck allows you to take on small to medium sized lawns with ease. It maneuvers easily around obstacles and works best on yards that have a flat terrain due to its set of smaller but rugged wheels. Easily the best lawn mower for under 200 that you can get.
- 20-inch steel cutting deck
- Equipped with a Briggs & Stratton 125cc engine
- 5-point height adjusters
- Grass expelled via side discharge
- Lightweight, easy to handle
- 2-year (parts and labor) warranty
- Starts easily and has a great build quality
- Works out of the box, no need for assembly
- Some customers have said that the product can leak oil
The 140cc engine is impressively potent for a machine of this price point while the 21-inch cutting deck is deadly effective and leaves behind a great looking result. With the added versatility of the 3-in-1 system – allowing you to bag, mulch and discharge – gives it the final edge it needs to climb above the competition and set itself as the best lawn mower under 200 on the market. An excellent, affordable choice.
- 140cc gas powered engine
- 21-inch cutting deck
- 3-in-1 capabilities
- Rugged set of wheels
- Easy controls
- Fantastic power for the price
- Impressive construction quality
- Great set of features
- Versatile and effective performance
This is a minimal but efficient product by Yard Machines that is equipped with a surprisingly peppy 132cc OHV engine that is potent enough for small or medium-sized residential yards and most types of grass. The mower works quietly and effectively for a very cheap price, making it a contender for being the best gas lawn mower under 200. Its small frame makes it possible for it to get into tight corners and the fuel-efficient OHV engine impressed me a lot.
- Powerful 132cc OHV engine
- 20-inch durable steel deck
- 5-point cutting height adjusters
- 7-inch rear and front wheels
- Easy to put together
- Starts easily with the first pull
- Maneuvers easily around the yard
- Backed by a 1-year limited warranty
- The mower is fairly sluggish and takes a long time to cut rougher lawns
I have always liked Greenworks products for their intuitive designs and environment-friendly solutions. This one is no exception and that is why it has been included on our list of the best lawn mowers under $200. A great part about this machine is that it’s fully electrical, bypassing all the maintenance and care that gas options require.
- 10-inch rear and 7-inch front wheels
- 20-inch cutting deck
- Push-button start
- Cutting, mulching and bagging capabilities
- Doesn’t make much noise
- Features a large deck compared with other electric models
- Offers a 4-year warranty
- Powerful operation and lightweight
- Some customers have said that smoke came out of the motor after a few uses
- The mower has flimsy construction
As the name suggests, this Greenworks model features a 21-inch durable deck made of steel and like all other products from the company, bears a stylish look. Along with the previously seen Greenworks model, it can be considered to be the best electric lawn mower under 200 and there’s good reasons why. I could guide the unit around the lawn easily using the handlebars and was pleased to find how lightweight it was and how beautifully it performed for such an affordable unit.
- Powerful 13-amp motor
- A 21-inch cutting deck made of stainless steel
- Standard 3-in-1 capabilities
- 7-position height adjustment
- Incredibly lightweight
- Very easy-to-install blades
- Cuts through tough grass smoothly
- Great value for money for the price
- Some customers have said that parts of their unit were missing on delivery
- The mower tends to clog easily
This “cute” lawnmower by Sun Joe can be mistaken for a child’s toy car but is a beast in very small yards, cutting a 14-inch swath easily and due to its battery powered design, it’s also directly one of the best cordless lawn mowers under 200. The unit is powered by a 28-volt 4-amp lithium-ion battery that is capable of running it for up to 25 minutes. The MJ401c recognizes if it encounters thick grass and switches to its electrical speed controller, making it a bit easier to take on the tougher opponent. Even though it’s only suited for very light mowing tasks, it’s still a solid machine all around that’s available at a super low price.
- 28-volt 4-amp lithium-ion battery
- Detachable 10.6-gallon bag
- 14-inch cutting deck for small yards
- 3-point manual height adjustment
- Smooth and silent operation
- Very low maintenance
- Great safety features
- Compact design, easy to store
- May struggle sometimes with thick grass
- Some customers are not happy with the build quality
This mower showcases a uniquely simplistic yet effective design that very well might make it the best push mower under 200 bucks. It requires no oil, gas or electricity (and hence, it is environment friendly) and yet makes healthy, clean cuts with fairly low effort. I like the sleek design, making it easy for virtually anyone to push the mower across the lawn and get the job done plus the price is fantastic.
- 30% easier to push according to the manufacturers
- InertiaDrive technology to go through tough spots
- StaySharp cutting system for long-lasting sharpness
- Delivers 50% more cutting power
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Easily handles most types of grass including southern varieties
- Requires no gas or electricity
- Works quietly
- Some customers have found assembling the unit difficult
- Not as efficient on tall grass
As these units prove, you can still get a great lawn mower for less than 200 bucks without compromising on quality or performance. Thanks as always for reading and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below – we love to hear from you!