Extremely popular and for good reason, Honda lawn mowers are a golden standard of the industry. Today we’ll be taking a look at the brand and its top units – from a quick intro to in-depth Honda lawn mower reviews – to ensure that you know exactly what this excellent brand has to offer.
Honda has had a long-standing reputation for being an industry leader when it comes to automobiles and it’s also one of the best lawn mower brands on the market. However, the market leader is also a leading name in manufacturing lawn mowers and other outdoor gardening equipment. Honda lawn mowers are hailed to have one of the best engines among the existing leading brands, which, quite honestly, does not come as a surprise. Another important factor that differentiates Honda lawn mowers from other competing brands is that they come with a whopping 5-year warranty, contrary to the industry standard of 3 years.
All Honda lawn mowers are environment friendly and use the GXV or GCV engine that offers high performance and is low on fuel consumption, thus, being eco-friendly. It also emits clean exhaust gas transmissions, making it a good fit for the environment. Honda’s range of electric and gas lawn mowers have been positively reviewed by millions of customers for their sophisticated design and advanced features they come built with. Still, it’s important to read Honda lawn mower reviews to know exactly which of the several models they have is ideal for you.
Top 3 Honda Lawn Mower Reviews
Let’s take a look at some of the very best Honda lawn mowers on the market, ensuring you find the right one for you.
Honda HRX217K5VKA 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow System Lawn Mower with Clip Director and MicroCut Blades 660250
Honda HRX217K5VKA has an extremely powerful engine and a highly responsive self-propulsion. It is currently the best Honda lawn mower in the market that runs on gas. This lawn mower can cut a path 21 inches wide, which is the standard cutting width. Its powerful 190cc engine allows it to cut down every type of grass in its way along with being equipped with an automatic choke system which makes starting the lawn mower very simple. It is a large lawn mower and weighs about 96 pounds, along with being relatively louder than most other models.
- A powerful 190cc engine
- 21-inch cutting width
- MicroCut blade with four cutting surfaces
- Discharge bag with a 2.5-bushel capacity
- Seven cutting levels with a maximum of 4 inches
- Variable drive system
- Tall 41-inch foldable handle
- An extremely powerful engine that can mulch any type of grass
- Adjustable handle allows you to set the height
- Larger than usual discharge bag
- Very simple to start and use
- Awesome 5-year warranty
- Does not come with a side discharge option
Honda 662340 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow System Walk Behind Mower w/Clip Director, MicroCut Twin Blades, Roto-Stop (BSS) & Self Charging Electric Start
This is the top of the line HRX model from Honda and boy does it perform. Excellence in construction quality, performance and in style too, delivering a quiet and reliable self-propelled lawn mower experience that boasts of a 200cc engine and a 21-inch cutting deck. The 4-cycle engine comes with an auto choke system and is quieter when in use. The model is equipped with an adjustable smart drive variable speed transmission that results in a more controlled ground and forward speed. It has a 4-in-1 cutting deck with a rear bag, side discharge and mulching capacity plus shredding. It also uses the MicroCut twin-blade system which results in finer cuts and thus, superior efficiency. All in all, a beast of a machine that’ll last a lifetime of use.
- 200cc 4-cycle engine
- Equipped with auto choke system
- MicroCut twin-blade system
- 4-in-1 mowing deck with side discharge, shredding, rear bag and mulching capacity
- Large bag included
- Big, sturdy, versatile wheels
- The self-propelled drive system results in better control over ground speed
- Improved bagging with an advanced rear discharge design
- MicroCut twin-blade enables finer cutting and great mulching
- The handle folds easily and can be easily adjusted for height
- Absolutely fantastic performance and comfort
- High-quality construction that’ll last a lifetime
This Honda lawn mower reviews extremely well in the category of mulching lawn mowers. The HRS216VKA is a pure mulching machine and everything from its design to its power and performance are aimed at delivering top-notch results. It has 6 positions of height cutting adjustments, a fantastic Honda engine powering it up and the variable speed works well even if a bit outdated by today’s standards. For pure mulching power and performance this is one of the best ever.
- GCV160 engine with auto choke features
- MicroCut twin blade system
- 6 position height adjustment system
- Variable speed
- Auto choke feature ensures you don’t have to manually choke the engine
- Double-blade system results in superior performance with finer cuts of grass
- Rear-wheel drive ensures smooth operations on an uneven terrain
- Convenient to use with self-propulsion
- It’s a classic, but it can feel a bit outdated for some
A bar-setter and a staple of the industry, Honda lawn mowers have been a favorite for decades and will continue to be for many more decades to come – as is shown by their unstoppable innovation and unwavering level of quality and performance. Thanks for reading and as always, have a fantastic day!